Part 13

AN: (Walks into room and shuts the door causing a stack of unfinished story drafts to fall on me) "I'M OKAY(ish)!!!"  

Chapter 13

"AAAAAH" Henry bolted down the stairs as a fuming Astrid walked out of his apartment, dragging the splintered and broken in half door behind her.

"Where do you think you're going?" Astrid asked in a deadly voice as her eyes flashed red before throwing what was left of the door at Henry. Henry however managed to avoid getting hit by ducking quickly while bolting down the stairs. "Don't think you can hide from me you dirty weasel!" Astrid shouted before jumping from the second storey balcony and landing in a crouch just as Henry made it down the stairs. The man 'EEEPed' and scrambled to get away. Astrid however was faster and had him pinned down on the pavement with her hand wrapped around his throat.

"A.....A..Astrid" Henry managed to gasp as the vampire pressed down on his trachea.

"Give me one reason why I shouldn't snap your neck now." Astrid stated as she leaned over Henry.

"I....... I..... love you." Henry tried to say but it only caused Astrid to laugh menacingly.

"You love me? You.... love me!" She hissed dangerously as her nose was almost touching Henry's. Her sharp incisors had appeared and were close enough to the man's throat. "Tell me why would you lie?" She then asked.

"Astrid I would never lie to you!" Henry managed to get out once she let him breathe again. Astrid gave him a snarl, showing off her pearly whites, before throwing him onto the street. The cars had long ago stopped driving as Astrid had gathered a crowd. No one said anything as Astrid stalked towards Henry who was whimpering and trying to back away. They could feel the predator walking amongst them and either kept quiet or got out of her way quickly. When Astrid reached Henry she placed her black heel on his throat and asked again. "Why did you lie about your mother?" those closest to the commotion could still hear her as it was asked in a very low voice.

"I didn't!" Henry persisted but that just got her heel to press harder on his windpipe.

"Astrid don't!" Was suddenly shouted as the entranced crowd was shoved apart to reveal Hiccup, completely out of breath.

"Hiccup this does not concern you." Astrid muttered as she glanced up at Henry's older brother. Her eyes were completely red causing Hiccup to gasp.

"He's my brother." Hiccup started to plead. "Please, I know he's hurt you but he's the only brother I have."

"This does not involve you." Stated Astrid as she regarded the mechanic in front of her. The bloodlust had been creeping up on her ever since she got mad and lost control. The man standing in front of her smelled so divine that she just wanted to gobble him up.

"Astrid, please...." Hiccup begged as he didn't want to see his brother die. Henry was still struggling to breathe on the pavement and looked at his brother in desperation.

"Hiccup get away from here." Astrid growled low as she eyed him. The struggling Henry was almost forgotten as the eyes of a predator focused on Hiccup. 'His scent was divine' her mind supplied hazily as she regarded the auburn-haired man. 'Prey!' Her mind whispered next as she had sniffed the air. She was slowly losing herself to her base instincts, like how a starved lioness had a tasty zebra simply placed in front of her. Henry let out a whimper causing Astrid to turn her attention back on the struggling man. She cocked her head to the side and bared her fangs just before she was knocked to the ground and off of Henry.

"Little bat get a grip!" Was shouted from above as the person struggled with her. Astrid let or a snarl as she recognized that voice.

"Heather!" She growled dangerously as her eyes had turned a deep crimson red. Astrid began to thrash as Heather held her arms, and her sharp nails away from her face. Astrid's legs kicked out as she was trying to break free and Heather turned her head to see Dagur and Hiccup watching both women in astonishment. Henry had bolted out of there as soon as he was freed.