Part 14

AN: Kudos to Kreazz who got me to finish this chapter extra early. (Flops down on bed) All of you enjoy!  

Chapter 14

Astrid's scream brought Hiccup bursting through the door in seconds. "Astrid what happened?!" Hiccup asked as he looked around the room. He noticed immediately that the bed was empty, save for a small lump wiggling in the blankets. "Astrid?" Hiccup asked confused as he looked around. The tiny dragon finally managed to poke its head out of the blankets and looked up. Hiccup followed the dragon's line of sight to the ceiling to see a small fruitbat clinging to his lamp. "Astrid?" Hiccup asked with a raised brow. The little fruitbat detached itself from the hanging lamp and flew right into Hiccup's auburn hair. "Hey... what??... aaah.... Ouch!" Hiccup shouted as the fruitbat got tangled up in his auburn locks. Hiccup couldn't see her, but he felt the small bat finally settle on his head, if he wasn't so worried about Astrid he would definitely find this very cute. "I see you met Toothless." He told the fruitbat. The little bat stomped on his head again causing Hiccup to chuckle.

"Yes, Toothless is a dragon, no he won't hurt you." Hiccup told the little bat, who stomped again with its little legs. "You know this conversation would go quicker if you changed back." The little bat was eyeing the small dragon still perched on the bed before changing back. Astrid could shift effortlessly now, she just forgot, with all the excitement of the day, that she was still on top of Hiccup when she shifted back. "AAAAAHHHH" Both screamed as they lost their balance and ended up falling on each other. Astrid opened her eyes and blushed when she noticed that she was on Hiccup in a very compromising position. Hiccup's eyes were open and he was doing a very accurate impersonation of a cherry. She quickly scrambled off of him and away from the bed as she eyed the small dragon warily.

"That's a dragon....." Astrid pointed at the small dragon that was watching her with curiosity. The little reptile even let out a small fireball.

"Toothless no fireballs indoors!" Hiccup admonished. "You've set enough couches on fire." The small dragon let out a yip before jumping in Hiccups arms.

"Aren't dragon's supposed to be extinct?" Astrid asked as she racked her brain.

"Aren't vampires supposed to be a myth?" Hiccup replied back with a laugh.

"How did you know I was a vampire?!" Astrid's head shot up as she looked at Hiccup with slightly fearful eyes. She was sure that she didn't slip up.

"Oh, Dagur texted me." Hiccup told her as he showed her his phone. There in a small text bubble was Dagur's message saying 'Robbing a blood bank, Astrid is a vampire too, don't let her close to the Oreos." Astrid growled at the oreo comment. Sure she was slightly addicted to them, that was no reason for her not to be denied those tasty cookies. Dagur was just getting even with her for eating all his cookies while they watched the Lifetime channel. As she thought about this then something hit her "Wait he said too... does that mean you knew Dagur was a Vampire?!"

"Well yeah...." Hiccup nervously said. "He hasn't aged since I was in high school. In fact the whole town knows. I just didn't expect you to be a vampire." Astrid was staring at Hiccup in complete astonishment. "What happened to the vampire secrecy?!"

"I think that flew out of the window a while ago." Hiccup stated. "Dagur and Mala have been a staple in this town for years now, and with all the other supernatural beings staying here......"

"Wait what?!" Astrid exclaimed as she interrupted Hiccup. "Other supernatural beings?"

Hiccup nervously scratched the back of his neck. "Eh.... yeah. Ever since the whole dragon thing started there has been a rise in supernatural beings in this town. I thought you knew and that was the reason you moved here. I just couldn't tell you directly."