Emotional satan

Michael

After school my brother convinced me to follow them to the Novak's. Apparently, Luci needs cheering up, I don't know why they would send me though, the guy he hates. My brothers aren't exactly the smartest people in the world. They didn't even tell me why he needs cheering up. Now i'm forced to spend my friday evening with an emotional satan.

I don't know what I was expecting to see when i entered Luci's room. Emotional could mean many things, angry, sad, frustrated, anxious, a mix of all them. Me and Luci hating eachother and all, we are used to seeing eachother pissed and annoyed. None of us would voluntarily show ourselves in front of the other in a "weak" state. 

So when i walked into his room, seeing him curled up in blankets and staring into nothing,  was a little shocked.

So thats why i'm now sitting in Luci's bed and handing him a bowl of ice cream.

"So my brothers told you I need cheering up, huh?" Lucifer mutters. His voice is raspy.

"Yeah, don't know why they thought sending me would be a good idea." I answer. "It's cause they are starting to wonder why we hate eachother when we used to be friends. The curious little fuckers." Lucifer grumbled and poked on his ice cream with his spoon. "Why did you even come here Micha, you didnt have to do what our idiot brothers tell you to do." I sigh. "I'm not sure. Just trying to not be a douche" Lucifer snorts. "A little too late for that isn't it?" He looks at me. Straight in the eyes. Like he is trying to look in to my soul or something, he probably is. I look away from his burning eyes.

"You should eat your ice cream before it melts." I can sense him glaring at me. "I never asked you to get me ice cream." He mumbles.  "No, but you should eat something cause you look like shit." He frowns and eats a spoon of ice cream. He scrunches his face up. "What? I got you vanilla, thought that was your favourite?" He drops his spoon. "It is. Just don't have the biggest appetite at the moment." He mutters. "Just eat it anyway Luce." He continues to poke around with his spoon in the ice cream. "So are you just going to sit ther and stare at me?" He asks before sucking on his spoon. "Uh... I guess."

"I barely saw you at school this week." I point out.

"I only went to a few classes." Lucifer murmured.

"Is something wrong?" I ask, trying to sound like I don't care that much. But I do. 

"Don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Well I don't know. It's notlike anything bad happend or anything. but then i have been home for almost the entire week. Does that count as something wrong?" He snaps. He puts a cigarette between his lips and light it.

"Do you have to smoke right now?"

"Yes I do Micha."

I roll my eyes. 

"So are you going to tell me why you haven't been in school?"

"Eh. Why should I? It's not like you care."

"Maybe i don't, But yourbrothers do and they are worried about you or somethings."

Lucifer sighs and stays quiet. For me, its an awkward silence, but luci doesn't seem to notice or care. He lightsanother cigarette  and takes a drag.

"Just didn't feel like going to school. Ran out of motivation I guess. Can't bring myself to go."

I can hear him choke up a little when he said the last part.

"It will be easier if you just go to school. It's not hard. Just do it." 

He looks at me with disbelief and frowns.