Before she could reach for her sister, (Y/N) had bolted, she was so fast.

"(Y/N)-chan!" Genna called but (Y/N) was already out the door.

Genna turned to the source of it all, the TV, and when she saw the headlines she gasped, her hands covering her mouth horrifically.

(Y/N) ran. She had stashed her sword near the front garden because Genna felt uncomfortable having it in the house and now it came in use.

She bit her lip hard to keep the tears from spilling. It was like she swallowed a rock, there was a huge lump in her throat.

She fought back her tears as she ran, her sword in its sheath as she pushed aside pedestrians. She didn't care of their screams of profanities, the look they gave her. All she cared about was her family.

All she could think about was them.

Mr Manager and his warm smile. His peaceful face. He was always serene, always there to guide her. He was like her grandfather.

Then there was Irimi. She was always there whenever (Y/N) needed someone to talk to, always a shoulder to cry on. She was like her mother.

Enji. Though he was sometimes annoying with his Devil Ape reminders. (Y/N) remembered the times she and him would make fun of specific mean human and ghoul customers. He was always there. He was like a brother to her, though he was older.

They would definitely be there. Her eyes stung with tears but she forced them to not spill now. She prayed Hinami, Touka and Nishiki were safe.

She was close. Just two more turns.

The whole neighborhood was abandoned, no doubt everyone heard the news and locked up shop and barred their windows.

(Y/N) kept running. Her chest ached and her breathing came out as ragged. She didn't stop. She wouldn't, not until she was there.

It won't happen again. Not again. Not on my watch. I'm not as pathetic as I was six year ago. I'm not a helpless pathetic ten year old. I'll kill anyone that touches them!

One more turn.

She suddenly stopped as she turned. The road was almost empty. No sign of the civilization that filled the streets at day. There was only one person.

He stood at the centre, leaning on the lamppost, as if waiting for her.

He turned and his cold clear blue eyes met hers and she sucked in a breath, her grip on the hilt of her sword tightening.

"Ayato-kun." She said, almost as if acknowledging him but they both knew it was meant as a question.

He kicked himself off the lamppost and turned to her. His blue hair drooped over his blue eyes.

"Don't." Was all he said and (Y/N) knew what he meant.

She shook her head. "No. No, Ayato-kun. I'm not gonna stand aside and watch this happen . . . Not again . . . Not ever." She winced as her voice cracked. "Ayato-kun, step aside."

Ayato shook his head, his gaze penetrating. "No. I'm not letting you kill yourself, Shrimp."

(Y/N) scoffed. "I don't have time for this. Move aside." She all but ordered. "I don't want to fight you."

Ayato stood his ground.

"You don't understand what it's like knowing you can make a difference when you couldn't before. I couldn't save them, and it tore me apart. I can help save Irimi, Mr Manager-san and Enji. Please."