[34]

"Sweetie, we need to talk." The gentle voice of Genna broke through (Y/N)'s train of thoughts.

She turned to the door and saw Genna smiling softly at her as she waked in with a bowl of chips.

(Y/N) sighed and pulled her leg up to her chest as she leaned against the window, looking down at the passing pedestrians. She came over to Genna's house an hour ago and locked herself in her room for a while to assemble her thoughts.

After what happened at Ayato's apartment, it left a spiral of emotions and thoughts blowing way out of proposed in her head. She wasn't sure why he was suddenly so cold. They were having so much fun when he just froze. She tried remembering something she was missing, but she came empty-handed.

(Y/N) nodded scooting to make room for Genna by the long cushiony seat by the window. Genna placed the bowl in the middle and took a handful, shoving them all in her mouth.

(Y/N) watched her cautiously. Genna looked nervous and  . . . Guilty.

"So, how you doing? You look like you have alot on your mind." Genna started, smiling warmly at her.

(Y/N) shrugged. "It's nothing, just thinking." She lied. Though she accepted Genna, she didn't really want to tell Genna everything going on in her life. Some were private.

Genna nodded slowly and shoved another fistful of chips into her mouth.

(Y/N) eyed her suspiciously. "You okay?"

Genna nodded, chewing noisily. She obviously had something important to say but wasn't sure how to lay it down.

"Genna. What's going on?" (Y/N) demanded.

Genna sighed, tucking a loose strand of her (H/C) hair behind her ears.

"(Y/N)-chan. Look, these last few days with you have been amazing. I only wish I came sooner."

"We already went past this. It's fine. Really." (Y/N) said, rolling her eyes playfully as her lips curled up into a smile.

Genna inhaled and exhaled slowly. "What I'm trying to say is. I can't stay." She averted (Y/N)'s inquitious gaze. "I-I can't stay here."

"What?" (Y/N) whispered.

Genna finally met her eye's, her eyes held sadness. "I have to go back, (Y/N). Back to your niece and nephew, back to my children and my husband. I only came here to look for you and now that I found you--"

(Y/N) stood up adruptly, causing the bowl of potatoes chips to topple over, but neither of the noticed.

"I don't understand. You just got here, you just got me back and now you wanna leave me again?" (Y/N) practically yelled.

Genna shook her head. "That's where I'm getting at. I have to go back. But I want you to come with me . . . I want you to come with me and we can be family again."

(Y/N) slowly shook her head.

"Come on, onē-chan. You could complete your school there, you can make new friends. We'll be together again, like family and I'll take legal custody over you . . . I-I'm sure that's what mom and dad would've wanted."

(Y/N) flinched at the mention of her parents and staggered back. "You have no idea what you're asking me."

Genna looked at her with pleading eyes. "Please. Come with me back to America. I know it's a lot to take in now. You can think it through, okay? No need to rush your decision."

(Y/N) scoffed. "I've already made my mind, Genna. I can't leave Anteiku, okay? I can't leave my family."

Genna looked as if she had just been slapped in the face. Her eyes held pain and (Y/N) felt guilty. She should've have used that word but that was what Anteiku was to her. That's what Touka, Nishiki, Irimi, Yoshimura, Renji and Enji was to her; family.