[36]

(Y/N) sat on the large sofa in the living room before the TV, a bowl of popcorn rested on her lap. She had left Ayato's apartment earlier and came straight to Genna's afterwards, despite her plans to help at Anteiku before hand.

She remembered the conversation she had with Yoshimura before Nishiki took the phone and ended the call adrutly. His voice held ease and reassurance. He spoke calmly as he told her that it would be best if she slept over at Genna's house for the night. (Y/N) had frequented this place so much that she all but moved in, but that didn't mean she didn't stop by Anteiku and help with shifts and sleepover. It was like she had two houses now, Genna's and Anteiku.

There was a certain level of serenity in his calm voice, it was strange but what was Yoshimura of not calm? She chuckled and shook her head. Stupid thoughts, making things up.

She had her shift early in the morning so she made sure to remind herself not to go overboard with the sleepover, as Genna puts it, slumber party.

"Onē-chan! Did you get a good channel yet?" Genna called from the kitchen, her voice bouncing off the walls. She had reheated the cold pizza and was preparing more popcorn.

"Not yet." (Y/N) replied, shoving more popcorn into her mouth as she flicked channels.

Nothing of interest came up yet.

"Try check HBO. I think Nina will be on." Genna called again.

(Y/N) shrugged and decided to check it out. As she flipped through the channels again, her mind wandered like it usually did and she began feeling guilty.

Genna was so thrilled for this sleepover. (Y/N) knew it was a coaxing technique, to get her to come with Genna to America. She still didn't give Genna a reply because she didn't wanna crush their growing relationship. (Y/N) was getting more attached with Genna with each passing day and Genna was very fond of the cheerful young girl.

(Y/N) had more or less already decided that she wouldn't go. She would stay back since there was no way she was leaving Anteiku and Ayato. She feared that Genna would overreact and say she was no sister of hers, or worst, she'd forcefully take her to America. There was so many possibilities. She didn't want to--

She didn't realize that while she was thinking she had left it on the news channel. Her heart dropped in her stomach as she read the headlines. She had to read it over and over and over again before it registered in her mind.

She stood up adrutly, she barely even heard the bowl of popcorn as it landed on the floor. She didn't hear the thud it made, or the loud cringing sound the remote made as it slipped from her finger, falling onto the tiled floor and shattering. She couldn't hear anything except the pulsing of her heart, hammering against her ribcage. She didn't hear Genna ask her what was wrong as she walked into the living room.

She suddenly thought of the way Nishiki had taken the phone after Yoshimura and said something before ending the phone call. He said, "oh and don't watch the news kid. Nothing but garbage and ethical crap that'll destroy your brain. Just enjoy your sleepover with Genna."

(Y/N) had replied with something witty, whatever it was, she couldn't remember. She suddenly understood what he said as she read the headlines again.

"The CCG Head Office is cordoning off the 20th Ward as a special, targeting a certain coffee shop, moving in today."

They didn't want her to get involved, they wanted her to be safe.

"(Y/N)-chan. You're scaring me, what's wrong?" Genna asked, now shaking (Y/N), her (E/C) showing concern.

"No." She choked, her eyes wide. "No. They got the wrong place."

"(Y/N)--"

"I have to go, before it's too late." (Y/N) gasped as she staggered back. Genna was panicking. She had no idea what was going on.