[26]

(Y/N) sat perched on the rooftop of the tall building, her mask covering her face. She knew there was no point in listening for anything this high since all that she could hear was the howling wind, but she remained there anyways, watching the streaks of yellow and orange across the sky darken, signaling the approaching nightime.

Her hair whipped around in the wind, flying around her face in a graceful dance.

As soon as the sun set over the horizon and the sky turned a dark blue, she stood up. She wore a long black coat as usual with black shorts with dark leggings and a black t-shirt. She was clad in black because it helped her blend into the darkness--and she liked having the element of surpise.

She was going to go for another one of her vigilante rounds. Having healed for a month and a half, she felt like it had been so long since she last did this.

The city below was bursting with light, like a million colorful stars. She admired the beauty of it all for a moment before stepping on the railing. She was five floors up but the height didn't bother her.

The wind howled around her small frame as she prepared herself for the jump. This was her favorite part.

She steadied herself, and with a quick glance below, she jumped. Her eyes slipped shut for a second as adrenaline pumped through her veins, she found herself smiling at the feeling of the wind howling around her, blowing in swirls as she ascended down.

She slipped her eyes open and caught sight of the streetlight that was a few feet below her. As she reached it, she grabbed onto the iron bars. Feeling all her weight drop on her hands, she quickly swung herself upwards and skillfully landed on the thin bar and balanced herself.

She stood up on the street light as she looked around, the street was almost empty--just a few thugs walking down the street and a man in a suit speed-walking home. Of course none of them could see her, perched on the street light, as still as a statue.

This place was okay. No ghoul activity.

She jumped from street light to street light, almost as easily as buttering bread. After jumping a few roofs, she stopped by a building that was three floors up and decided to wait it out.

Not even a minute passed and she heard a loud shreik of terror. Instantly, she was on her feet and running along the roof. She jumped on to the next roof, towards the scream she heard.

She cries grew louder as she got near. The scene she stumbled upon made her freeze in her step.

There was a beautiful young girl, about seventeen, backed up against a brick wall and in her hand was small blade. Tears trickled down her tear stained cheeks from her wide green eye. The other side of her face was covered with long bangs. Her brunette hair was in a high ponytail, though the left side of her eye was covered completely by her chestnut colored hair. It reminded (Y/N) of Touka's hairstyle accept this girls hair was long enough in the back that she tied a high ponytail.

There was only one ghoul. He was tall, broad shouldered and massive. By his foot was the lifeless corpse of what was once a young men in a business suit. There was something about him that was off. As if he was more challenging opponent than what he let on.

"C-come any close and I'll kill you! I will fucking kill you! You hear me?!" The girl yelled, pointing the small dagger towards the man with shaking hands.

The ghoul tilted his head aside, his blood stained lips stretching into a wide bloody grin.

"You've got spunk, Chew Toy." He laughed maniacally as he stepped over the other dead man and closer to the young girl.