Chapter 31: An Unexpected Meeting

Start from the beginning

It was a simple off-shoulder gown that hugged my hips and flared across my legs, my heels were about 2 inches high and my jewelry is just a set amethyst choker, earrings, and an anklet. Some light violet-themed makeup and a small clutch purse completed the ensemble.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" I asked my cousin who shook her head.

"I am fine. My friends and I are meeting up at a nearby bar for some drinks and dancing. Don't worry, I will take Mr. Shin again." my cousin hugged me. "Knock them dead cousin and show them you are not the same shy conscious girl you used to be."

I returned the hug and looked at her for a long time. My love for this girl was so deep that my hands trembled as I spoke.

"Tomorrow, We will have the whole day to ourselves. I want us to talk about something important so have all the fun you want with your friends okay?"

Sey blinked at my tone and nodded, noting how serious my voice was.

"Heeeeyy Riri, looking hot." K.C came out of the bathroom also looking very sexy in an elegant version of a flowy emerald green jumpsuit. Her short hair was styled with a soft mousse and she wore a small bag with a thin elegant chain over her shoulder, she was wearing dangling earrings and a bracelet for accessories, she only minimal makeup including a striking dark green eyeliner but with her flawless fair skin; she does not need a lot of covering up.

"Wow. You look awesome as well." I giggled and we both left for the party.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We met Jinri by the entrance of the Pearl Seasons Resorts and Spa, where the entire pool and garden area was booked for the whole reunion.

As we went inside, we were met with stares from others. I admit that I am not the only ones turning heads. K.C and Jinri are very pretty, tall girls, and their style further elevates their confidence.

It was hard to believe that when we were in college, we were the group that many girls love to bully and the guys would often avoid us.

The party was actually very well organized with tall standing tables and a comfy dining area, the music was a mix of soothing and energetic while instead of a banquet; a live cooking pavilion full of chefs were serving food to the guests, a few staff dressed on tropical attire moved among the crowd offering finger foods, wine or mocktails for those who want ready-made food. There were even some tents made for groups where they can eat and talk at the same time by the beach.

"Rumor is that Clara is currently dating the owner of the resort which was why we were able to hold the event here," Jinri told us as a waiter offered her some wine, she took three and gave them to us as she continued. "I have not liked her because she used to bully us but I admit, this is so much better than my cousin's reunion at a premier Samgyeopsal Restaurant in Gangnam."

We all smiled and laughed among ourselves. Before we knew it, we were greeted by long-time classmates, a few guys who were friends of our batchmates, and even some of the guys that used to ridicule or shun us.

" Oh my god! " a female squeal made the 3 of us turn around. A woman dressed in a black dress appeared in front of us and looked vaguely familiar. "Don't you guys remember? It is me, Hallie from Social Science Class."

I remember the class but sadly I cannot place her but she looked so excited so I nodded and she pulled me towards the gathering table in the center of the area where most of all our nursing batchmates are all seated.