They were right, it was absurd. Yet I still believe it, and sometimes, I think my parents do too, and Dylan. He tells me that it's plausible, because of everything I know now, that I couldn't have known before—everything about Dylan and Alessia. He told me he'd believe only what made sense to him, and that's all I could possibly ask for.

I could never quite escape her, too, it's like she never really left. Except for seeing her face in most mirrors, I also hear her every now and then. It's up to you now, Olivia, she says. That's what she tells me.

My therapist wrote it off as PTSD from being stabbed when I had told her, but I wonder if perhaps it really is Alessia. I lived in her life for so long...maybe now she's living in mine.

But I didn't want to think like that, I didn't want to restrict my body to simply being a vessel. I did want mine and Alessia's story, though, to be a vessel of change. I wanted to show the world that words hurt, that you can't just hurt people and get away with it, that your actions have implications. I also wanted to remind people that just watching as someone repeatedly drowns can never be right; everyone must at least try to help. That's why Alessia was already gone by the time I realised—she just needed someone to see, to actually see.

"Oh, Alessia," I said, breathing out as I opened my eyes. "What should I do now?"

We were currently campaigning to sue the school for not supporting Alessia, but the case suddenly became tricky when we realised that Alessia had never actually asked for help whilst she was there. But still, the bullying was so clear, so evident—even teachers enjoyed mocking her from time to time.

We were also working to set up charities in Alessia's name; trying to raise funds for those affected by bullying or child abuse. It was difficult, but I just really wanted to do it. For Alessia, for her life.

We just wanted to raise awareness, to let everyone know Alessia's story. They had to know.

I would be attending some interviews once my therapist declared that I was fit for them, and I would use the publicity to spread the message. Our project was called 'Help The People' and was under the 'Alessia Trent Trust'. We just wanted to make a difference—I just wanted to be the difference that I couldn't be for Alessia.

I patted at my dry tears with my coat sleeve, before drawing it in closer to my body and crossing my arms over my chest. Letting my eyes wander, I saw as a group of primary school children played. At first, I enjoyed watching them play their imaginary games until I noticed a boy that had been left out.

I scanned the park for any signs of parents, but there were none, and so I continued to watch the boy with a frown on my face. Soon, another boy launched a ball, and I watched as it soared past me before glancing back to see the lonesome boy running in my direction.

I rose from the bench, trudging over to the kids' playground as the boy searched through the nettles and the bushes for the ball.

"Hey guys," I said, approaching them.

They threw me looks. "We aren't supposed to talk to strangers." A girl said pointedly, crossing her arms over her chest.

I smiled. "You're smart kids, then," I said, making her beam, "but what about being kind? Why can't that other boy join in?" I asked them, gesturing to the boy who was still concealed behind the trees.

A boy, carrying an abundance of sticks, shrugged, "He never does."

"Maybe you should invite him to play; he probably wants to," I suggested, frowning over at the boy who was still searching.

𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄  ✔️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें