Chapter Thirty

When the film was finished, Dylan drove Alessia back to her house and left her with a sweet kiss to her cheek. It was nothing but a kind gesture to Dylan, but it was a heart-pounding moment for Alessia.

She entered her house smiling, closing the door and just standing there for a few moments to relish in what had happened.

"'Ere's a lovely lady, James." Someone said suddenly, a cold hand touching Alessia. She jerked away, gasping.

Her father appeared from behind the person who had touched her, stumbling through. "Ah, that's my daughter, but since we couldn't afford the hookers, just use 'er." He said, making Alessia's eyes widen.

The unknown man smiled, leaning in to place a sloppy kiss on her cheek.

Her dad grunted, stumbling back into the living room, yelling something about taking 'the other one'.

Alessia was soon dragged into the living room, where four other men awaited her. She stared at them, unmoving as they all drooled at her presence. As they tugged at her uniform, the doorbell rang.

Everyone froze.

"Oi, mate!" One of the men yelled, "That another hooker?" He called.

Unfreezing, Alessia said, "I'll get it," before excusing herself to the door.

When she opened it, Dylan was there.

"Alessia," he said, smiling, "sorry, you forgot your–"

Alessia threw herself into him, making him fall back in shock as she locked her front door behind her.

She grabbed ahold of his hand. "We need to go, now." She said, running out into her drive and finding his car, watching him unlock it in confusion.

Getting in, she curled up in the passenger seat and began to cry. When Dylan joined her, he was confused, though pulled her in for an embrace.

"I think," she began, hiccuping, "I think that maybe I need somewhere else to stay for tonight." She said, sniffling.

Dylan drew back, brushing away Alessia's tears, "You've gotta tell me what's going on, Alessia." He said, eyes full of concern.

She shook her head quickly. "I can't." She said, staring deep into his eyes so that he understood.

Ruefully, he pulled back and sighed. "That's okay," he said, "my parents will be home tonight but I can sneak you through the window?" He suggested.

She laughed, though still sniffing. "That sounds perfect." She said, smiling, wishing that Dylan was always this kind.

Alessia noticed that in school, around his friends and around...me, Dylan was preoccupied, or just didn't want to look weird talking to her. For, what kind of reputation would he gain if he spoke to the most hated girl in school?

Alessia and Dylan sat in silence throughout the journey, the radio playing quietly in the background. Whilst Alessia was lost in her thoughts, she wondered what Dylan was thinking about. She couldn't gauge his feelings about her, and today's encounter with Ked made it all the more confusing. She didn't want to lose Dylan to me.