I'm With You

Bakugou

Graduation was boring as hell. Throughout the entire thing, Bakugou felt like he was counting every fucking second until his name was called, and then every second until the last name was called and they were allowed to get the fuck out of that hot, crowded gym.

Of course, the second he met back up with his parents they were asking about Kirishima and if they could meet his parents, to which Bakugou passive-aggressively reminded them that he only had a mother before they walked around the entire goddamn gym before finding Kirishima near the door with his mom.

And for a reason he didn't really get, his gut was tight the whole time they were talking. It was like he was afraid Kirishima's mom was going to let something slip and give away that they were together, but he knew that she didn't even know. At least, she hadn't been told directly.

"She might know," Kirishima told him once. "But if she does, she won't say anything. She'll let me come to her about it first, and she won't just assume anything. I promise."

As much as he wished they did, those words didn't reassure him all that much.

He was safe, though, when his dad started talking about some shitty dinner reservations his parents had while they 'let him' go to the school-wide graduation party that Kirishima had talked him into going to (not that it took him much effort, which was annoying as hell). As soon as they were out the door and Kirishima's mom, after saying goodbye to both of them, headed off in the opposite direction, he was able to let out a breath of relief.

⚜️

It came as no surprise to Bakugou that the school-wide graduation party was lame as hell, and it didn't help that he was in the shitty mood since long before they walked into the mess hall where it was being held. The whole place had been transformed—all of the tables were folded and lined along the walls and the breakfast bar that he hadn't even realized moved was nowhere to be seen. There was music, of course, and food. Most of the school was there, which fucking figured even though the damn thing was optional.

If Bakugou could have his way, he'd get the fuck out of there and find somewhere isolated with Kirishima to avoid both the people and his parents. But Kirishima wanted to be there, and at this point he was pretty sure there was very little he wouldn't do to make the little fucker happy.

So he stayed and let himself be pulled along by the other, who was making his way around the room to say good luck and farewell to people he knew—people he probably wasn't going to keep in contact with after this thing was over. To Bakugou's slight delight, Deku and his Half-and-Half boyfriend were among those. Teachers were, too. For pretty much the entire time, Bakugou didn't say a damn thing. His mind was too preoccupied with everything else going on and to be frank, he didn't give much of a shit about saying goodbye to anyone. The only one he really cared about (aside from the other four losers, which figured) was right beside him, holding his hand.

"Is there anybody you wanna say bye to?" Kirishima asked him once he was finally done.

"Nope."

"...you sure?"

Bakugou merely nodded, which earned a squeeze of the hand from the other. "I know you're stressed, but try to loosen up a little, alright? Just focus on me for a bit. I'm right here."

Kirishima moved just a bit closer when he said it, and that alone had Bakugou's nerves calming a bit. "Yeah. Let's... go get some food," he said.

They met back up with the rest of the group outside after filling a couple plates with food. The other four already had a table and were chattering away about summer plans when they joined them and eased their way into the conversation. Kirishima stayed close—closer than usual, which was actually kind of impressive—in silent support. Often his hand or shoulder would brush against Bakugou one way or another, and their knees rested together beneath the table the entire time they sat and ate, talking with the others. For a few moments it was as if nothing had changed and they'd be going back to their rooms soon to get some sleep before having to wake up at the asscrack of dawn the next day for first period. While Bakugou was fucking glad that wasn't the case and that he'd finally get to fuck up his sleeping schedule (or, in his eyes, fix it) again, there somehow was a pang of disappointment in his stomach.