MY Little Fucker

*distant screaming about 50k reads* 

---

Bakugou was more than on board with the arcade idea, and he'd insisted upon paying despite Kirishima's protests, resulting in a half-hearted argument on the bus ride toward downtown the following Friday. It started when Bakugou paid for the fare, stepping up onto the bus and whipping out his money before Kirishima even had time to react.

"Why'd you do that?" he asked. "I was gonna pay."

"You always pay," Bakugou had said, plopping down in a seat.

"Right... but I'm also the one who asked you out again, remember? So I should be the one to—"

"Doesn't matter. You paid last time and 's not like I'm fucking broke. Just lemme get it."

Kirishima had remained stubborn for a bit; to him, it really didn't feel right letting Bakugou pay when it had been his idea to go out again and was the one to pitch the arcade idea (though it was originally Sero's suggestion). In the end, though, Bakugou put up a better fight and Kirishima realized just how petty the argument was and caved in, letting Bakugou pay for his tokens and drink when they made it to the arcade. (And, despite their little, almost playful argument, Bakugou still let Kirishima hold his hand from the bus stop to the building.)

Bakugou had a knack for arcade games, much to Kirishima's pleasure considering he had his own kind of knack for them, too. The challenge was great, and even when they were playing games that required no competition, they were still trying to best each other, be it with points made or tickets earned.

In the end Bakugou had nearly five hundred more tickets than Kirishima, and their combined total was somewhere in the two-thousand range, opening a world of possibilities for what they could get at the prize counter. In the end, though, they only grabbed some candy and decided to save the rest of the tickets for the next time. Kirishima really didn't mind; most of the prizes were toys aimed a little kids, anyway, and what was fun to him wasn't the reward, it was playing games and spending the day with Bakugou.

It wasn't until they were on their way out that Kirishima started thinking again, getting too far back into his head when the distraction of all the games was gone and they were on their way to the bus stop again. He must've been pretty obvious about how uneasy the thoughts were making him, too, because Bakugou asked him about it when they were stepping back into their room.

"What the hell's up with you?" he asked.

Instinctively, Kirishima played dumb. "What do you mean?"

"You've been, like... stiff, or whatever, since we left the arcade."

Blowing a long breath through his lips, Kirishima gave in, his shoulders slumping a bit. "I've been obvious, huh?"

"Only a lot," Bakugou muttered, doing his usual flop onto his bed and kicking his shoes off. "So what's with it?"

"I, um..." Kirishima half distracted himself by making a show of taking his own shoes off as he spoke, taking the time to actually untie them this time, just for the sake of keeping his hands occupied and for an excuse not to look at the other, whose eyes were boring right into him. "I've kinda been trying to think of a way to... to kiss you ever since we left, but the only way I could come up with is really cliche, and since we live together it doesn't really work, anyway." When he finally did look up, Bakugou's eyes flicked away, his shoulders hunching the way Kirishima had noticed they did when he was feeling flustered.

"...you don't gotta be all clever about it, idiot," he muttered. "If you wanna do it, just do it."

"Right..." Kirishima laughed lightly. "But I gotta make sure you're cool with it first."