A Chill Day

someone please help me with these titles oh my l o r d

---

Kirishima

"Yo, Bakugou," Kirishima said as he sat up on his bed. "I think I'm gonna head to the art rooms. Wanna come?"

Bakugou's head did little more than swivel in his direction from where he laid across his bed. "Why?"

"Why what? Why am I inviting you or why am I going?"

"Why are you going?"

"Sometimes I go hang out over there during the weekends to practice painting and such, remember? The art teachers are pretty cool so they don't mind as long as I clean up after myself." Kirishima was already in the midst of pulling out a pair of socks as he spoke, though he didn't bother to change out of his sweats. "Whattaya say?"

To Kirishima's slight surprise, Bakugou sat up and muttered, "Why not? Got nothin' better to do."

Kirishima couldn't deny that one. It was nearly mid-afternoon and the two of them had barely gotten out of bed, let alone left the dorm room. They'd both been exhausted after staying up so late after the Halloween party the previous night and hadn't so much as even left to get breakfast; they'd just settled for untoasted pop tarts that Kirishima kept in a small stash of snacks he kept in the cabinet of his bedside table.

An inevitable (and very welcome) feeling of elation filled Kirishima up as the two of them sauntered across the relatively quiet campus toward the main school building. He really hadn't expected Bakugou to agree to join him even though the blonde had been hanging out with him and the others quite a bit recently. He knew Bakugou was the type who preferred to be alone and it would've made sense for him to want to stay in the room by himself, so it was a pleasant surprise to have him walking along beside Kirishima, his hands resting casually in the pockets of his sweats.

"Hang on, I'mma grab a snack," the blonde said as soon as they were in the school building where a couple of vending machines were against the wall to the left. When he finished getting what he wanted he turned and tossed a packet of Oreos straight at Kirishima, who promptly caught it.

"Oh, thanks, but you don't have to-"

"'S repayment for the pop tarts," Bakugou cut in.

"Hm." Kirishima felt himself smile. "'Kay. But you don't gotta repay me for stuff, alright?"

"Whatever."

Kirishima gratefully pocketed the snack before they kept walking.

Save for one or two staff members here and there, the building was void of people. Kirishima casually punched in the unlock code for the door to the main art room upon arrival and flipped the lights on as he stepped in.

"The fuck?" Bakugou mumbled around a mouthful of cheese crackers as he followed him in. "They gave you the code?"

"Yep. How else are we s'posed to get in?" responded the redhead.

"You some kinda teacher's pet?"

"Nah, man. Just a kid who likes art. I've spent a lot of time here so the art teachers trust me enough."

Though Bakugou's snort and muttering of the word 'nerd' was under his breath, Kirishima didn't fail to hear it. He chose to ignore it, though, with a bubble of amusement in his chest while he headed toward the back of the room where most of the supplies were.

"You wanna paint somethin'?" he asked, shuffling through the stack of unfinished canvases for the one he'd been working on the past couple weeks.

"No. I suck ass at painting."