The Last Day

hey, look! another chapter with the word 'day' in the title! lmfao wow, am i predictable or what? xD

...be prepared for a rather lengthy AN at the end >.>

---

Bakugou

If Bakugou didn't think he deserved Kirishima before, he didn't know what the fuck it was to not deserve someone after that night. He didn't get why the fuck his mind had decided to go there, then, but it had, and kept him awake while Kirishima slept next to him like a freaking baby. It got to the point where he couldn't lie still any longer, so he'd escaped out onto the balcony, and even the cool night air and sound of the crickets couldn't chase away the disgusting, unwanted thoughts.

He'd pictured about a million different ways the damn hag would find out he was with Kirishima and how she'd yell at him for any number of reasons—not telling her sooner, not telling her before spending the entire fucking break alone with him. And worse: fucking condemning him or someshit for being in a relationship with another guy, taking away the shitty promise for the bike, making him transfer schools halfway through his last fucking semester of high school, kicking him out or worse—never letting him see Kirishima again.

He didn't think his mother was that heartless; hell, she wasn't heartless at all. She cared about him, he knew that, and like him she had a strange way of showing it. But this felt like a whole different goddamn ballgame; he had no fucking clue how she felt about same sex couples. No idea whatsoever. It was all too easy for him to picture her flipping her shit about it...

He'd only been out there half an hour or so before Kirishima found him and talked to him. Just one conversation with him made Bakugou feel a hundred times better. Worst case scenario, she'd somehow find out whether he told her or by other means, and she either kicked him out or told him he couldn't see Kirishima anymore, but it didn't matter. He'd be eighteen soon, and after that she couldn't boss him the fuck around anymore. He'd leave. And now he had somewhere to go (because Kirishima was way too fucking sweet for his own good, something Bakugou was in disbelief of every day). As for the bike, if that was something she threatened to rip away from him... oh-fucking-well. He'd rather have Kirishima than some shitty bike any day.

After heading back into the room, he'd told himself he wouldn't think about that shit anymore—not while they were on break, and when his mom inevitably did call, it was easy to keep his thoughts away from that area with Dumb Hair right there in front of him, loyal as ever, tracing the lines of his free palm. He wasn't going to let some shit he wasn't even sure was real ruin his break; he was going to spend the rest of his time with Kirishima with Kirishima.

And that was exactly what he did up until the last day before they were required to head back to campus.

"So whattaya wanna do on our last day?" Kirishima had asked him while they were cleaning up their breakfast.

"Dunno. Figured you'd wanna work on your board."

"Nah. We've been out there a lot so I kinda wanna do somethin' else today."

"Like?"

Kirishima hummed quietly as he hip-bumped the dishwasher closed. "Ya know, we haven't even used the pool for the whole time we've been here," he said thoughtfully. "Wanna swim?"

"Well since some idiot neglected to mention he has a pool in his goddamn backyard, I didn't bring trunks," Bakugou muttered.

"Hey, you never asked! But do you really think the 'idiot with a pool in his backyard' only owns one pair of swim trunks?"