6 - forget me

your pov :
it's really over. 2 years. just like that.

i love him so much sometimes it just so tempting for me to want to run back into his arms and let him know how much i love him. but..... i don't want him to hurt me again, i have to be happy for myself. i can't just go easy on him and let him hurt me, i'm not his toy. he doesn't love me, it's time to accept it.

you were lying on your bed, playing your phone.

* notification *

jackson : " y/n wanna have lunch ? "
you smiled upon seeing his text.
y/n : " yes please "
jackson : " ok get ready, i'll be there in 20 minutes beautiful "
you giggled. ' why does he call me such cute names all the time oh my '

you got out of bed and went ahead to change into a pair of ripped denim shorts and a cropped hoodie with a pair of adidas stan smiths.

* 20 minutes later *
jackson arrived and he drove the both of you to the mall.

jackson : " so how are you feeling ? "
y/n : " i'm fine why? oh .... you meant me and him? .... i'm slowly getting over it " you smiled lightly.
jackson nodded and changed the subject.
jackson : " let's have something....mm... spicy "
you looked at him in confusion.
y/n : " spicy? "
jackson : " i'm thinking .... "
y/n & jackson : " SPICY RICE CAKE !!! "
both of you exclaimed and laughed. it was something both of you used to have for supper together in highschool. you were close friends before dating jungkook, when you drifted from jackson because you didn't want jungkook to feel uncomfortable with you hanging out with other guys.

he held your hand, and looked into your eyes, asking for permission to hold it.
you were hesistant but still nodded lightly. he didn't intertwine your fingers, probably not wanting to be too rude and open since you weren't an item.

you were happily chatting with jackson, swinging your hands together. you had a strange feeling, like someone was watching you, you looked around. you spotted him...... jungkook...... looking at you from a distance away. you stopped in your tracks.

jackson : " y/n ah are you okay? "
y/n : " uhh....yes "
jackson : " you don't look fine, wanna head home? " he cupped your cheeks
y/n : " uhh.... yes "
jackson held you by your waist and led you to his car to drive you home.

* at your house *
the whole time you were wondering why you saw jungkook? were you hallucinating? did you miss him that much? was he following you?

jackson : " umm y/n... rest well okay you look troubled. call me if you need anything, i'll always be there for you. i'll take my leave now, bye " he said softly before pecking your cheeks.

you quickly held onto his wrist.
y/n : " jackson ah- sorry my mind was somewhere else... i'll make it up to you, i'll ask you out another time, sorry "

jackson : " its okay beautiful, we'll have fun next time. get some sleep okay "

he chuckled and pulled you in for a hug before leaving. you stood there, waving and smiling, watching him drive off.

you entered your house and was about to close the door when someone stopped you.

jungkook : " y/n let's talk "
y/n : " jungkook i have nothing to say, i don't want to hear you say anything as well. just leave me alone "
jungkook : " stop hanging out with him, i don't like him "
y/n : " who are you to tell me what to do?! "
jungkook : " i'm still your boyfriend, y/n i never agreed to the breakup! it was one-sided! solely decided by you! "
you gave a sarcastic laugh and rolled your eyes.
y/n : " wow boyfriend huh? jungkook we never started have you heard me! WE WERE JUST PLAYING, I WAS YOUR TOY, YOU WERE PLAYING WE WERE NEVER SERIOUS "
you screamed in his face, you were so upset.

jungkook pulled you in for a hug. you didn't move. you were crying and you felt so defeated. tears were also flowing down jungkook's cheeks, and he wasn't someone that shed tears easily.

jungkook : " y/n ah i'm sorry. but this 2 years wasn't just a joke, i swear. i know i started dating you for fun but i really fell in love after hanging out you. y/n i love you, please, come back to me. i promise i will never hurt you  "

y/n : " jungkook, for the last time. i loved you, but please forget me. "

jungkook let go of you and cupped your cheeks, looking deeply into your eyes.

jungkook : " wha-"
y/n : " forget me. find someone new . jungkook ah stop following, stop coming to me. "
jungkook : " NO. never, y/n you are the only one i want please "
you shook your head and pushed him out of your house before shutting the door.

you were sobbing, your heart was hurting to tell him all these. you didn't want him to forget you, you wanted him to love you. you did your best to forget him but you couldn't... he kept appearing in front of you.

you were ready to give him another chance, if he could really prove that he loves you.

real love.