the shade 22

W: a little tiny bit of smut turned into pre-smut so yay :)

ayo this story is kinda based on me cause i love my new nails and i feel hot lolz so i'm posting a story hell yes let's do this bois.

also hello, welcome back me! Get ready for a spam of content. I hope you guys are still around lmao. have an amazing day/evening ❤️

**

Dans new thing in 2019 was not giving any shits. He was becoming less and less stressed as time went on, and that came with a lot of things. Posting videos on time, what he acted like in front of people, he would share his opinions to the world, and most importantly he didn't care what he looked like.

Dan a few years ago would freak if he saw his hair curly, and if he dared to show any form of "femininity" in his clothing, but quite recently he just couldn't care less.

So within the last year or so he's been painting his nails. Not often but just enough to explore how to do it what colors work best on him. His first nail polish adventure that was public was black nail polish. He thought it would be quite edgy but also being a little bold, he was worried of what the fans thought but inevitably like Phil thought, they loved it.

Dan started to express himself with nail polish more frequently and most commonly used one was his glittery nail polish. Simple but something that gets your attention, and he liked it. Though today, today was not that day. Phil always liked it when Dan grow his nails out long.

Something hardly mentioned, but Dan remembered Phil cuddling into his lap while Dan played with his locks of hair. His nails slightly digging into his scalp like a nice massage. Phil mentioned how relaxing it was and whenever Phil was irritated or being irrational about something in his life, Dan would give Phil back scratches. It was something cute, innocent and simple, but he wanted to go a little further.

Getting acrylics.

Now Dan liked painting his nails every once in a while, but this was fairly a big step. He's never had anything of the sort on his nails before let alone thought of it. But he just was scrolling tumblr and saw a wine coloured, sharp tip nail that he fell in love with.

 But he just was scrolling tumblr and saw a wine coloured, sharp tip nail that he fell in love with

He started to panic as maybe this wasn't a good idea, maybe Phil would hate it. Though Dan came to the conclusion that Phil loves him and wouldn't hate him over getting his nails done differently. Although another step would be going out and getting them done, now it wasn't that Dan was ashamed, but he was quite embarrassed by not knowing any information and had very little experience and didn't want to show professional cosmetologists his/phils crappy job of glitter nails.

He decided to wipe off the remaining glitter nails and start fresh. A blank canvas for the professionals to do their best work. As he walked into the place, it felt quite awkward. Not because he was a dude, he already got enough glares, but because it was intense. Rows upon rows of coloured bottles, fake nails modelled in glass cases with many designs on them. He was very overwhelmed.