Chapter Thirteen: Hot Bodies: Part Two

He averted his gaze from me as he barely glanced at Lacey. "I am truly sorry for my behaviour." He winced heavily as he turned and used a knocked over chair to get to his feet. He couldn't walk with the bullet I put into him but I didn't care. I still wanted to kill him, still wanted to strip his flesh from his bones. It was like a deep urge within my bones that I couldn't shake.

"Let's go." Lacey was still holding onto my arm and she tugged on it softly. I didn't move, keeping my eyes on the werewolf as a low growl rumbled my chest. Several people stepped forward to help him leave but I couldn't bring myself to move away. "Abe?" Her voice moved through everything as the music turned back up. A fight like that wasn't abnormal in a club, especially one that allowed supernaturals inside and already people were moving in closer around us. "Abe." She slid her hand down my arm and grasped my hand and I slowly turned to look at her.

She was looking up at me, those shimmering brown eyes looking like deep chocolate in the dark of the club. She blinked slowly, looking up at me from underneath her long lashes and a punch of desire hit me so hard I nearly exhaled sharply. She squeezed my hand gently. "It's okay, right?" She leaned closer to me, her body pressing into mine as she said it, trying to get close enough for me to hear.

I shook my head, once again turning to where the werewolf had been but he was gone and bodies now moved together where he had been. A heavier rumble escaped me as I looked around, wanting to find him. The little witchling tugged on my hand again. "Abe." Warm breath brushed my ear and I was torn between the urge to kiss her senseless and mutilate the weremale who had put hands on her. "What do you need to calm down?" I could barely hear her over the sound of the music and my instinct froze in it's want to track the male down and kill him.

What did I need to calm down?

That was a horrible question to ask because when it came to my instinct, it had three settings. Eat, kill, or fuck. And only one setting cancelled out the kill mode and it wasn't eating.

I looked down at her once more, feeling the music moving through me again as my blood surged through me. Her in that dress and heels really paid for the purchase. I worked my jaw slightly as I looked around. "There is only one thing that will calm me down and I don't think you want that, witchling." I couldn't fuck her but we were in a place where I could distract myself without it but that meant she had to be comfortable with close contact with me. Very close contact.

"Not sex right?" She blinked up at me, her cheeks flushing and I shook my head, grinding my teeth together. No sex but as I looked around I knew it was almost close enough. It would be enough to distract me. I knew that with how I was feeling that if I didn't work out the aggression in a different way I would set out to hunt down the werewolf and kill him. "What about... dancing?" She looked a little afraid as she looked around but she didn't let my hand go.

"Would work but only if you are okay with it." I wouldn't force her or do it if she was scared. I didn't do females like that. Either they had to be enthusiastic or I didn't want to touch them.

"What about normal dancing?" She made a small face of distaste as she eyed some of the dancing couples, her cheeks bright red. There was the shy little witchling I found irresistible. She was so modest and my instinct slithered around my throat, teasing me to bend down and take her lips with my own. There was something deep inside of me that wanted me around her, wanted me to hold her close, to bury myself in her until we couldn't tell each other apart. It wasn't a pleasant thought. I didn't do commitment and with a witch it was impossible. I needed to get space between us but at this moment I knew that was not possible.

"I'll have to hold you close." It was the only warning I could give her. The instinct would demand I focus on her, how she felt pressed against me. Already I felt the urge to bury my face in her neck, to pull her close. If I couldn't kill I needed to occupy myself through desire and lust. It was the only way to calm down because I wouldn't go back on my word. I wanted to curse. This was just going to make me want the witchling more but I was stuck.