Chapter 1: Lights, Camera, Explosion!

Start bij het begin

"Sure!" I said, flashing a winning smile, and moving closer to the gate. I had become an expert at hiding my true emotions...since I had learned from the best! My parents were connoisseurs in the art of deception...and I was no less!

"So here's presenting, contestant number one-Rose!" Raghav exclaimed.

I watched in amusement as the door to a limousine opened and a highly attractive and dusky buxom beauty stepped out.

She then flashed a lovely smile for the cameras...as she waved and made her way towards me.

Analysing her figure, I thought-definitely a model!

When she stood in front of me, I took her hand in mine and said with a cheesy intonation. "You have a beautiful name...It's nice to meet you, Rose. Aapse milkar achcha laga..."

She immediately started giggling and replied. "OMG! You know, you're even yummier in person! Mujhko bhi tum bahut achchi lagi!"

As soon as I heard her statement, I couldn't control my laughter due to her atrocious Hindi! Where did they even find this cartoon?!

"HaHaHa..." I laughed loudly as I looked at the genuinely puzzled expression on her face.

"Cut!" I heard the director scream.

I immediately turned towards him, trying to suppress my laughter.

"Manik you're supposed to be charming! You can't just start chuckling in her face!" He reprimanded.

"Am I the only one who heard what she said?" I asked incredulously.

"I don't care what she said! I need a do-over!" He said.

"Fine!" I said in a frustrated manner, straightening myself.

As the crew got ready to take the next shot, I looked at a shame-faced Rose standing in front of me.

"Hey...I'm sorry I laughed! However, if you're not comfortable in Hindi, it's okay if you don't speak it! It's not a sin, you know? Neither is it a yardstick to measure someone's intelligence, so just relax!" I said, guiltily.

She immediately brightened up on hearing my statement.

"Action!" I heard the director yell.

"Hi Rose...lovely to meet you!" I said, as I took her hand in mine and kissed it in a chivalrous manner.

"Nice to meet you too, Manik!" She said in a dignified tone this time.

I nodded towards her and she gradually moved away from me and stood at the designated spot for the contestants.

"Okay, so let's have contestant number two-Inaaya!" Raghav yelled.

I raised my eyebrows as I saw a fascinatingly tall and familiar figure walk towards me.

Wow! They had really gone all out! Inaaya was quite a famous artiste! Not to mention-super hot! However, if the media was right about her-she didn't believe in committed relationships! So what was she doing here?

I mentally slapped myself as I answered my own question. Of course! She was here for the money!

I smirked as I realized that it made her the perfect candidate for my proposal.

As she inched closer to me...I opened my mouth to greet her, but was slightly taken aback when she moved closer to my face and placed her lips on mine roughly!

What the hell?! Was I having my own #Metoo moment?

A second or two later, she withdrew and whispered seductively in my ear. "Let's have some fun, Malhotra."