Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

He washed himself over, taking much care over his sensitive place and then washed the long tresses of black upon his head, before climbing out of the tub and wrapping himself in a towel.  He held onto the sink for a moment to support himself when he felt his legs try give way again, but made it out of the bathroom without assistance.  Only... what was he supposed to wear...?

*****

The T-shirt was clearly too big on Yori's slender frame; it hung loosely over his collarbone and revealed the top most marks that stained his pale neck and chest. The jogging bottoms were not too bad once the drawstring had been pulled tight. They still looked too big, but as his legs were fairly long for his body, the material did not need rolling up at his waist or ankles. Still, Ryota thought as the man shyly walked into the open plan space that was his living area, how was it that he managed to look so desirable dressed so badly? Was it just because the clothes upon his body happened to belong to Ryota representing an additional claim he could voice?

Ryota placed the pancakes and maple syrup upon the table. "Fruit or bacon?" He asked Yori after idly tracing his body with his eyes.

"Fruit, please," Yori replied, his cheeks, slightly flushed as he awkwardly made his way to the glass table. He sat upon the modern, black chair, hissing as his tender buttocks pressed against the plastic.

"I should get you a cushion," Ryota hurried to grab one off of the sofa even as Yori tried to softly refuse. In the end, he graciously took the cushion and immediately felt grateful for it. The heat in his cheeks seemed to rise once more, how hard was it to act natural around Ryota now, especially as he felt so aware of him now. The temperature of his body when he came close, the heavy masculine scent of his skin, the shape of his torso, his... shape...

Pretending as if his mind wasn't recalling every moment regarding the night before, he piled berries and sliced banana on his pancakes and poured the syrup generously over them all. Ryota chuckled about to ask him if he wanted pancakes with his syrup, however the long moan that parted from his lips as he savoured the taste of his sweet breakfast had the words freezing in the man's throat.

Shit, he was hard again! He tried to focus on his own breakfast, he had bacon with his pancakes and a small amount of syrup, but Yori was seriously making it impossible for him. In order for him not to attack Yori like a teenager in heat, he seriously needed to get the omega out of his house or more specifically, away from his bedroom. Somewhere public. "Hey Yori..." he began.  Yori's eyes met his, his cheek puffed full as he paused mid bite.  Ryota smiled, his lust settling, slowly replaced by something warmer, more fulfilling.  "I'll dry your hair for you after breakfast," Ryota murmured softly as a single drop of water dripped from a stray length. 

Yori quickly chewed and swallowed what was in his mouth, before returning a shy smile.  "Thank you," was all he said.

The remainder of breakfast was eaten in a comfortable silence.  Ryota finished first, taking his empty plate to the small dishwasher before placing it in.  Yori followed suit and remained beside Ryota as he poured them both coffee from his percolator.  "It's not as good as Keko's..."

Yori grimaced as he sipped the... black drink.  "It's... something," he said honestly.  Ryota sighed and took the cup from him, pouring both drinks down the sink as Yori laughed softly at his pitiful expression.  Ryota pouted, but not for too long, enjoying the joyful sound flowing freely from Yori.  Instead he pressed his mouth onto Yori's lips.

"We should probably grab a coffee at Keko's," Ryota sighed.

"It's Sunday," Yori reminded him.  The cafe shut on a Sunday, except in December as the demand was higher during the Christmas rush.  "I have.. instant coffee at my place," Yori suggested.  Ryota's smile widened.

However, before they made any definite decision, both of them received a text. Ryota grabbed both their phones from their discarded suit jackets, passing Yori his as he checked his own.

"It's from Keko..." he said as Yori mentioned;

"It's from Aisha..."

*****

They took a detour to Yori's house in order that he could change into clothes that fit him, they were not ready to share their blossoming relationship with the girls. Ryota then drove them to the cafe and parked a short walk a way, filling the metre with coins before they walked together towards Keko's.  As they took their first steps away from the car, Ryota grabbed his hand, startling him.  So he brought it to his lips, kissing the pale digits affectionately, gazing into his eyes watching as Yori seemed to melt before him.  Their fingers entwined as they walked, Yori felt blissful and at peace.  He did not wish to loose this feeling, hoped to retain it.

However both were shocked from their plush bubble as they saw the shattered glass of the small shop across the road from them.  Glancing at each other, they released their hands as they jogged across the quiet road.  The cafe window frame held just a few remnants of glass, the rest was being swept with brooms by the two women.  Aisha's eyes were tainted red and her cheeks stained with dried tears.  She crumbled as she saw the two men approach.

Yori entered the cafe and allowed the young woman to throw herself into his hold, neither saw near identical unhappy expressions upon the faces of their respective partners.  Yori was still unused to sharing sympathy with others, so simply held her for a moment until she gathered herself.

"What happened?" Ryota asked in the meantime. 

Keko blew a few stray hairs that had fallen from her hastily pinned black hair and reached over for an object on the table.  It was a large rock, at least the size of two of Ryota's fists.  "It came with a note."

From Keko's hardened features, Ryota gathered that it was not a pleasant note.  "Do I want to know what it said?" He asked.

"It was the usual bigotry," Keko grumbled.  "Not even inventive." She let loose a sigh full of the hurt that she had oppressed over the years.  "I guess we were not careful enough."

"But, why should you be?" Yori asked. 

"Yori is right," Ryota agreed.  "Why should you girls be treated any different than a straight couple or a male couple?"

"It's called a womb," Keko said bitterly.  This was especially true for her fertile wife, but a beta woman was not considered exempt from the unspoken rule.

"Yes, one rule for those with wombs, one rule for everyone else," Yori laughed softly without mirth.  Ryota wanted to gather him into his arms, comfort him, but Aisha was already squeezing him in her own platonic hold. 

"Let's clean this up," Ryota said, indicating the mess while attempting to bury his rising jealousy.  Keko nodded in agreement and Aisha finally released Yori from her grasp, much to both the siblings relief.