it's over~stan marsh x reader

it’s over~stan marsh x reader

[author’s note: i don’t usually like to set an exact age for my south park fanfiction one shot things because it just ruins the imagination of it, but for this particular story, the characters are in high school, probably sophomore or junior year.]

stan marsh was getting pretty damn tired of wendy testaburger. the two had been dating for a year and a half now, but stan was getting annoyed. wendy was so much different now than she was when they first started dating. her sweet charm had faded, and now stan could see was that all wendy wanted was for him to buy her things, take her to fancy restaurants, and make out with her. it was like she didn’t even care who stan was as a person - just as long as she had someone to call a boyfriend. she probably just liked the attention it got her with her obnoxious group of girl friends. besides, all girls really seemed to do was gossip and talk about boys, right?

kyle approached stan by his locker in between classes that day.

“hey, dude,” kyle greeted, “wendy was looking for you a little bit ago.”

“oh shit, really?” stan panicked, closing his locker door.

“yeah,” kyle said slowly, “why do you look so freaked?”

stan stepped closer to kyle to tell him in an urgent whisper, “dude, i hate wendy, to be honest.”

“woah, dude! you hate your own girlf--”

“hey, shut the fuck up!” stan said, “you can’t tell anyone, okay?”

“why don’t you just break up with her?”

“it’s not that easy, man!” stan said, “wendy’s so clingy, but she doesn’t give two shits about me. she’s making me go to prom with her this friday! and she wants to make sure our outfits match after school day...jesus, i don’t even want to go!”

“i dunno what to tell you, dude,” kyle sighed, patting stan on the back quickly, “girls are weird.”

kyle flashed stan a quick sympathetic smile before walking towards his next class. stan stood there glumly next to his locker in the crowded hallway.

“hey, marsh!”

stan turned around to see (y/n) (l/n) bounding towards him, her (h/l) (h/c) hair bouncing behind her. she was smiling her perfect smile as she ran up to him.

“hey, (y/n),” he said.

“hey, prom boy,” (y/n) grinned.

“prom boy? what the hell’s that supposed to mean?” stan laughed.

“i heard wendy talking to her friends about going suit shopping with you after school,” (y/n) giggled, “she’s really excited. like, super excited. overly excited. those girls piss me off so much.”

stan half-smiled. (y/n) was the only other one who knew about his wendy problem. he and (y/n) were good friends -- they told each other everything. well, the only thing (y/n) hadn’t told stan was her undying feelings for him. they were best friends -- she didn’t want to ruin their friendship! besides, stan was dating wendy, no matter how much he complained about her, (y/n) had to respect that.

but little did (y/n) know, stan had developed forbidden feelings for her over the past year and a half. but as long as wendy was still wearing him like an accessory, those feelings weren’t safe to come out. if only they knew.

“yeah, wendy wants to make sure we’re ‘matching’,” stan sighed.

“what the fuck? suits only come in like four colors for a reason,” (y/n) laughed. “are you guys going dress shopping, too?”