the best friend~kyle broflovski x reader

“oh. my. gosh.” (y/n) exclaimed, pointing to the floral-designed blouse in the window of forever 21 at the mall. she playfully grabbed kyle’s arm and leaned on him as they both laughed.

“what is it?” kyle laughed, holding (y/n)’s arm.

“that shirt is...beautiful.”

they both stopped to admire the shirt through the shiny glass window. (y/n) gazed wide-eyed at the shirt, while kyle stood there next to her, looking at her stunning (e/c) eyes.

“i’ll buy it for you,” kyle blurted out.

“no-really?! you’d do that?!”

“of course; anything for my best friend,” kyle smiled and nudged (y/n) toward the store entrance.

“wow, kyle, you’re the best!” (y/n) said, hugging kyle, “you really don’t have to do this.”

still blushing from the hug, kyle straightened his shirt collar and muttered, “i want to.”

they both walked into the store, (y/n) eagerly pulling kyle along by the hand to the shirt display. she pulled off the shirt in her size and happily skipped toward the cashier, linking arms with kyle.

as kyle paid the generous and unnecessary $25 for the shirt, (y/n) clung excitedly to his arm. kyle dramatically presented (y/n) with the forever 21 bag, trying not to laugh. she took it graciously, like a princess accepting a crown. by the time they exited the store, they were laughing out loud while leaning on each other.

“thanks so much, kyle,” (y/n) said.

“anything for you,” kyle said a little too seriously.

(y/n) smiled, shoving kyle over playfully. “stop it, kyle,” she grinned. kyle stared at her, then they both burst out laughing.

“where should we go next?” (y/n) asked.

“i’m feelin’ cinnamon sugar pretzel nuggets,” kyle said, smiling suggestively. (y/n) and kyle’s favorite food to get at the mall were the soft, chewy pretzel nuggets covered in delicious cinnamon sugar. they’d always share a cup of them by the indoor skateboarding park by the east wing of the mall.

“how could i’ve guessed?” (y/n) giggled. “let’s go!”

☯☯☯

(y/n) realized there was only one cinnamon sugar pretzel nugget at the same time kyle did. they eyed each other seriously, and kyle dove his hand into the cup. (y/n) took action and gripped the cup, trying to pull it away. kyle pulled out the last pretzel nugget. (y/n) stared at kyle with wide, upset eyes which she knew worked on kyle every single time.

kyle went to put the pretzel nugget in his mouth when his eyes met (y/n)’s beautiful (e/c) eyes. he stared into them for long moments, maybe even getting lost in them, before coming back to reality.

“kyle, please…” (y/n) said mock-sadly.

kyle hesitated, examining her beautiful face, her eyebrows curved upward in a confused and begging way. he sighed deeply, a cheeky smile slowly spreading across his face. (y/n)’s face softened as kyle handed her the last pretzel.

“you always give in, kyle,” (y/n) said softly.

“i can never say no to you,” kyle muttered.

(y/n) couldn’t help but blush a light pink at what her best friend said. she chewed and swallowed the pretzel and they both got up from the table.