first date~kenny mccormick x reader

reader's pov

"let me take you on a date."

"excuse me?" i asked.

"you're the new girl, right?"

"um... yeah. and who are you?"

"oh, sorry, i didn't introduce myself. my name's kenny mccormick," the tall skinny-ish guy stuck his hand out and shook hands with me. his grip was firm but his hand was warm.

"hi, i'm (y/n) (l/n)," i said.

"oh, i know," kenny grinned and looked up to the ceiling like he was daydreaming. this guy was weird, but i was intrigued.

"so... you've been watching me?" i asked, "i haven't noticed you until just now."

"you're a pretty girl, of course i would notice you," kenny said, "there aren't many decent girls in this school, so you caught my eye. you're very beautiful."

i blushed, never good at knowing how to take a compliment from a complete stranger.

"you seem too old to be in tenth grade," i remarked.

"technically i am," kenny smirked foolishly, "i'm seventeen and a half. i got held back in junior high."

"what happened?" you asked stupidly.

"i'm dumb. i'm surprised i didn't get held back again last year. i think it's just because my parents don't care about following up on my education progress."

"i'm sure your parents care about your education..." i said, but kenny shook his head.

"you wouldn't know... you haven't met my parents. they're horrible," kenny muttered.

"oh, i'm sorry. i didn't realize," i said quickly.

"nah, it's fine," kenny brushed me off, obviously not liking the topic of his parents. his eyes almost changed colors, like he suddenly thought of a different topic. he turned back to me with sparkling eyes and a hopeful look. "so, will you let me take you out on a date?" he asked again.

"i barely know you. and you only learned my name just now," i said.

"i'd love to learn more about you over some dinner, then," kenny pushed on smoothly. he was good. "what do you say?"

"okay then," i said. what was the worse that could happen?

"nice," kenny smiled, "i'll pick you up at seven."

"wait -- you don't even know where i live," i blurted.

"i'll figure it out. don't worry about it, sweetheart," kenny winked at me and walked away.

---

"so, who is this guy who is picking you up for a date?" my mom asked me later that night.

"his names kenny mccormick," i said, "he's in some of my classes." i figured that if it seemed like i already sorta knew him, my mom would trust me more.

"that's nice. do you like him?" mom asked.

"i dunno yet... we never talk much during class, but i guess i'll figure that out tonight," i said.

i went up to my room and pulled out my (f/c) shirt, dark blue jeans, and (f/c) converse. I never was one to dress nicely, and i didn't think kenny would mind if i just wore normal clothes.

putting on some mascara and colored chapstick, i waited around my kitchen for kenny to pick me up. i had no idea how he would find my house, and he didn't have my cell phone number to call and ask. i sighed. maybe he forgot, anyways.