Chapter 22

Her apartment felt like hundreds of miles away as I sped through some back roads hoping to dodge traffic and get there as fast as I could. Finally getting there I raced up to her apartment and started banging on the door. After a couple of the longest minutes of my life I realized she wasn't home. I didn't know where she could be though; her car was still here and... Oh duh she's probably still on the beach.

            I ran down there and started to search it up and down. The damned sand kept sliding out from under me though so that made running impossible. I could see her long hair blowing through the wind as she walked along the water. I yelled out for her, "Felicia!" She spun around and I could barely see her she was so far away but I knew she was smiling. She started running towards me, I don't know how she was doing it this sand was so slippery. I stumbled everywhere attempting to run again. I had just gone a few feet when she reached me. She was a little out of breath but even gasping for air she looked beautiful.

        "Hey Mathew, are you alright?" she asked, but I wasn't paying attention. I grabbed her up in my arms spinning her around. She made a little squeaky noise as I picked her up which made us both laugh. As I went to put her down she latched herself onto me, wrapping her legs around my torso and her arms around my neck, she gave me the biggest bear hug. She was so light weight I could have held her there like that all day no problem. I couldn't though we needed to talk. I sat down in the sand after setting her down.

            "What happened between you and Molly?' she asked catching me off guard.

        "How do you know anything happened at all?".

        "Why else would you be back from dinner in an hour? Plus all those hate texts she's been sending me." I sighed.

        "Felicia I am so sorry, I didn't mean to drag you into this, I just... I can't stand Molly sometimes.  She isn't you. She isn't the one I love." Felicia sat up a little straighter. That got her attention.

        "You... You love me?" she asked all traces of happiness leaving her face. Oh god did I scare her away? Was it too soon? Should I walk away? Should I probably say something and stop staring at her like she's done something wrong? Yeah probably.

        "Yeah I do..." I finally told her trailing off and looking away. She let out a huge sigh.

        "Thank god. I thought I was just crazy for feeling that way after so little time. I love you too Mathew".