Chapter 41

After leaving the coroners office I headed down the street to where I had parked my car. I picked my phone up to call Mathew when I noticed somebody walking a little bit to close to me. I picked up the pace, and just like that they did too. This continued until I was full on running, trying to dial Mathew at the same time. He picked up concerned. I barely heard anything he was saying. I tried to get my mind right, to tell him he had been right. It was Molly. I'm not sure how much of what I said actually made it out of my mouth, before I was snatched. My phone hit the hard concrete and shattered. 

I fought back as hard as I could biting, scratching, and kicking as much as I could muster. Nothing seemed to phase whoever had me. Seconds later I was thrown into the trunk of a car and the trunk slammed shut, leaving me in complete darkness. 

After some time had passed my eyes adjusted to the dark environment and I could see a little bit better. I knew something bad would happen if I followed through looking into Harvey's death, but being kidnapped had not crossed my mind. I remember in school learning to kick out where the break light is, but after trying until my leg hurt I gave up. They must have somehow reinforced the trunk. Which made me think, was this Molly or someone more professional? That scared me to death.