Chapter 38

My eyelids came down over my swollen red eyes. Tears had long stopped, not out of relief, but out of hopelessness. What was I supposed to do? My life was once so happy and carefree, within such a short amount of time it has done a 180.

Molly's laughter rang throughout my condo as she watched some late night talk show. The spoiled bitch really had a heart as cold as ice. Nothing would surprise me at this point, and that was terrifying. A soft thud awoke me from my thoughts, and then another. Somebody was at my window. Opening the large circular frame I saw Felicia standing under a street lamp in the parking lot.

"Mathew, come let me in," she whispered to avoid waking any of the neighbors up. Rushing out of my room I dashed to the door. Felicia's warm, honey scented embrace made me smile. "How are you doing?" she asked coming inside, placing her little white purse on the side table. Molly joined us in a small huddle by the door "Did you arrange everything?" she asked, almost fooling me into thinking she cared. Felicia nodded, "Come on Mathew let's get you laying down. If you'll excuse us Molly." Felicia was halfway to my room as she ended the sentence. A flick of something could be seen in Molly, something that was truly terrifying.

As soon as my bedroom door shut I grabbed Felicia in a panic and whispered close to her ear so Molly couldn't hear "I think Molly killed my dad, as he was dying he told me our company was going under and to save it I would have to marry Molly". Felicia's eyes went wide, as she panic laughed a little "Don't be silly Mathew. Molly wouldn't kill your dad. She's a bitch, but she isn't capable of murder. Besides she gave us her blessing, why would she do that if what you say is true?" I grew more frantic, she had to believe me. She could be in danger too.

Felicia kissed me softly on the cheek before grabbing me in a tight hug "You have been through so much today, I'll hold you, try to get some sleep". "You have to believe me, you could be in danger! Felicia I love you and I couldn't stand if something happened to you, please believe me. At least have the coroner examine him for any signs of foul play," I pleaded as tears tugged at my eyes. Sighing she agreed pulling me into bed beside her. She hummed in a soothing voice as I tried to rest.