Chapter 27

Shortly after giving Felicia her locket we had to leave. Getting in my car we took off, taking my sweet time purposely getting stuck in traffic. Now don't get me wrong I knew Felicia would impress my dad ,but for some reason I had a feeling he'd see right through it all. The thought of that scared me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Felicia Twirling her necklace around her fingers. I couldn't tell if this was from nervousness or if she was just happy about getting the necklace.She seemed pretty happy with it, which made me happy. As if she could read the worry on my face she told me "Thank you so much for the necklace Mathew. I'm sorry if I seem distant, i'm very nervous with meeting your dad and all". That gave me some relief. "He'll love you, What's not to love?" She blushed at that and kissed my cheek just as we turned in at Steak-n-Shake.

        My dad was already at the restaurant and sitting at his favorite booth in the middle of all of the chaos. He had gone completely bald from the last time I had seen him, most likely from the chemo. That didn't wavier his mood any though, as we entered the restaurant he jumped up and hugged me while shaking Felicia's hand. As we all sat down my father introduced himself. "My name is Harvey, and you need no introduction seeing how much my son talks about you Ms.Felicia." He said with a chuckle. I saw Felicia go red and could only think I probably mirrored her.

        After the waiter had taken our orders I decided to tell my dad about Felicia's gift. "So dad, Felicia did something today I think you should recognize". As the waiter brought our drinks my dad took a sip and responded "Oh, what was it"? "I ran late to the board meeting this morning and she took my place". He chuckled some more "Well while that is funny I don't see how sitting through a meeting for you is special in any way". Felicia took it from there "No sir, that would not be what he's talking about. While sitting through the meeting I noticed an alarming number errors in calculations and well one thing led to another and I saved the company some money in the end". That got my fathers attention. "How much money are we talking about here?" he asked. "From what I did today.. at least 3 million," she told him, next thing we know we are covered in spit. My dads tea was dripping from the table, and he was wide eyed. "You saved me millions and we're eating at this crappy restaurant?" He asked laughing more then I had seen him do in years.