Chapter 7: Princess Renner

Satan: So... who's my opponent?

The beastmen looked at each other confused, before they decided to charge at me, piece of cake. One of the abilities that made Arondight a powerful sword was a skill that it gave called flash step. It allowed for a burst of unimaginable speed that allowed to deal fast but precise attacks.

I drew the sword before flashing forward, silver lining coming off me before flashing forward and slicing the other beastmen in half quickly. I sheathed my sword.

Satan: Too easy.

The soldiers stared on in awe at me, before anything can be said, the carriage door opened.

A blonde girl came out, her blue dress was long and elegant with white fluffs in different areas, she had long blonde hair and upon her head was a crown of silver that sat upon her head

Soldiers: Princess.

They bowed to her, she smiled to them before looking at me.

???: Hello adventurer, I am Princess Renner of the Re-estize kingdom.

I semi-bowed to her.

Satan: Good evening, my Lady. I am an adventurer named Lancelot, along with my friend Nabe. We are adventurers from the capital and were returning from a quest, I hope we weren't bothering you.

Renner: No, in fact, I must thank you for saving my life. We never expected for beastmen to appear so near the capital.

Satan: We must be returning to the guild now, goodbye milady.

I turned to leave.

Renner: Wait!

I turned back.

Renner: I want you to escort me back to the palace, I wish to repay you for your services.

Satan: Very well your highness.

I ended up following the carriage and the remaining soldiers back to the capital, we ended up going into the royal palace, it was less luxurious than the tomb but not bad, it was designed in a rather gothic mixed with medieval fashion. We entered the castle being escorted by guards, two lines of them. We kept walking through the hallway before we reached a large double door.

Two guards walked forward and pushed open the doors, what was inside was a large throne room, a large red carpet lead towards the end of the room. Upon a set of stairs was a throne room with an old man who sat upon it. He was dressed with robes and different jewelry with his head adorned with a golden crown.

Renner: Father.

She knelt down before the stairs, I followed her actions as well as all the guards.

???: Ah, my daughter, tell me how was your trip back?

Renner: It was fine father, we ended up running into a group of Beastmen that tried to kill us, it was fortunate that this adventurer came and saved us with his partner.

Rampossa: Is that so.

He stands up from his throne.

Rampossa: I thank you warrior and magic caster for protecting my daughter from danger, is there anything you'd like as a reward.

Lancelot: I'm perfectly content with what I have, although as a knight there is one wish I would like.

Rampossa: Oh? What is your wish noble knight?

Lancelot: I wish to face the finest of the kingdom, the most powerful warriors of this kingdom, I wish to fight them.

Rampossa: I am also interested to see your prowess in battle. Stronoff.

Gazef: Yes your majesty.

Rampossa: You may go to prepare yourself with the armour from the treasury.

The mans eyes widened before he bowed before leaving the room.

Rampossa: We will also invite Gargaran from the Adamantine adventure group Blue Rose.

Lancelot: I thank you for granting my wish your majesty.

Timeskip

Nabe: My Lord, What is the point of fighting these worms?

Lancelot: Nabe, this is a way to further or name across the kingdom, the more people know of us the better.

Nabe: I see, I'm sorry for questioning you my Lord.

Lancelot: It's quite alright let's go now.

Walking out the main gate of the arena I saw above us sat the king as well as many noble looking people.
There were four females who sat away from them.

???: You're majesty what's the point of allowing a simple warrior face against our powerful warriors?

Rampossa: Just watch, I feel like he will surprise us.

Opposing me was a giant of a lady, she was blonde and was huge in height.

???: So you're my opponent, I was wondering who wanted to fight me.

Lancelot: You must be Gargaran of Blue Rose, right? I will enjoy this duel.

A soldier stood between us, he had his hand up, before bringing it down.

In that moment I drew Arondight from my side and my speed increased exponentially, I sprinted forward in a burst of silver light, she lifted her hammer trying to block with the handle.

No ones POV

In a moment Lancelot had finished the battle a quick flash which resulted in a Gargaran standing there stunned with a bit of blood dripping from her cheek.

Lancelot: If This were a real battle, you wouldve died, you were ill prepared for an unknown enemy, that was your downfall.

He sheathes the sword in his belt.

Lancelot: The battle is lost the second you take your opponent as weak.

Blue Rose POV

Lakyus: Gargaran didn't have a chance.

Tia: She's one of the most powerful warriors in the kingdom, to think she would be defeated so easily.

Evileye: That sword isn't normal.

Lakyus: What do you mean Evileye?

Evileye: When the sword was pulled from the sheath, I trembled, the light magic within it is tremendous. It has overwhelming power.

The team watched Gargaran return to the gate.

Lancelot POV

The woman returned to the gate with her hammer in tow, I awaited my next opponent. I stood there waiting before I saw the man approach, donned with bronze like armour, he wielded a diamond like sword.

Gazef: Are you prepared sir Lancelot.

Lancelot: Can't be more ready.

With that myself and him both charged with swords raised.