18 | overnight stay

Start from the beginning

"hey," jaehyun's voice murmured from beside him.

"i-i should go," doyoung blurted under his breath.

he melted as jaehyun brushed a hand against his thigh, either asking him to stay or saying goodbye. even so, doyoung was determined to leave - even if leaving only meant going next door to his own apartment.

the foreign swaggers, as johnny called them (as named by mark a long time ago when he was still a tiny high schooler hanging out with a bunch of college kids) emerged from the hallway, replacing the soft, quiet atmosphere with a loud one full of laughter.

"b-bye," doyoung stammered, and made a bolt for the door as fast as he could, pushing past taeil on his way.

"what are you doing here?" taeil demanded, shuffling over to stand in doyoung's way.

he was a little more animated than usual because ten had told him to lighten up in the car, and johnny had passed him one of the beers in ten's secret stash. johnny wasn't entirely sober either, but they'd stopped mark from drinking out of principle.

"minors drinking? not in my fiat 500," ten had declared.

"leaving, quickly," doyoung blurted, desperate to sidestep taeil and get out of there.

"what happened to 'i don't know how much longer i can keep this up'?" taeil challenged, putting on a rather melodramatic voice which really pissed doyoung off.

"s-shut up and get out of my way." doyoung flushed with embarrassment and shoved past taeil towards the door. in an instant, the door slammed and he was gone (though admittedly only next door).

taeil shrugged and followed the others into jaehyun's living room.

"let me guess," jaehyun yawned, "y'all wanna order pizza or something?"

"wow, you're so smart, jeffrey!" ten marvelled from where he was stationed next to jaehyun's landline. "nice abs, by the way."

johnny, who had sunk deep into the couch, reached his hand back to exchange a hi-five with the thai boy. "i was just gonna say the same thing," he laughed. "oh, moony, come and sit here..."

he beckoned taeil over, who crashed clumsily into johnny's side, head sliding down against his chest until it was resting comfortably in johnny's lap.

"hyung, what's your wifi password?" mark piped up, still absorbed in his phone screen.

jaehyun's ears slowly turned red and he scratched awkwardly at the nape of his neck. "oh, um, i don't have wifi anymore," he explained, the blush of shame spreading across his face, "i share with my neighbour next door..."

"oh," said mark in disappointment.

"hey, markie, you can use my hotspot," ten offered, and mark jumped up at once to connect his phone.

ten, meanwhile, was busy ordering food and explaining in great length the detail of the order, including emphasising several times that he was a vegetarian. before long, a tall stack of pizza boxes had arrived and the five of them were tucking in.

"oh, jae," ten said suddenly through a mouthful of cheese, "you know that halloween party you were talking about?"

jaehyun glanced up from his pizza. "mhm?"

"well, halloween is pretty soon, so we should probably start organising it," ten told him with a mischievous smile.

jaehyun swallowed the last chunk of his slice and nodded. "i know," he sighed, "i'm just concentrating on hockey right now and-"