Chapter 9

Police Interview Transcript

17/11/65 Cont.d.

Page 4

HARRISON: Have you spoken to him? I mean, surely he's got more motive than I have to... do that.

MYLES: Well, Mr. Harrison, we sent officers round to the address you gave this morning. The flat's empty.

HARRISON: Perhaps he's moved? You're the detectives, aren't you supposed to be able to find people?

DENNIS: We usually need a bit more than a Christian name. The address you gave is defunct. No one else we've talked to seems to know who you're talking about. You haven't got a surname, or a description...

HARRISON: I told you, I've never met him.

DENNIS: So what would you have us do, Sir? Arrest everyone named 'Roger'?

HARRISON: He was her boyfriend. She lived with him. Her parents, they might know where he is.

DENNIS: Her parents who live in Africa?

HARRISON: Yes.

DENNIS: Well, that's convenient, isn't it?

HARRISON: He beat her up. He could have killed her. He was jealous even before anything happened!

DENNIS: According to you.

HARRISON: What's that supposed to mean?

DENNIS: If you've never met this man, how do you know he was jealous of you?

HARRISON: Grace told me. He was jealous of her spending so much time with us, with me.

DENNIS: And yet no one else has heard about this. No one knows who this 'Roger' is, never mind met him.

HARRISON: Pattie does. Ask her.

MYLES: We haven't had opportunity to talk with Miss Boyd.

HARRISON: Then hadn't you better get all the facts before you start accusing me?

[Knock on door]

MRS CATHERINE ROBINSON [RECEPTIONIST]: Excuse me, Sir, there's some one here from NEMS Enterprises, wishing to speak to Mr. Harrison.

MYLES: Mrs. Robinson, we're in the middle of an interview here. Can't they wait?

MRS ROBINSON: He says it's urgent and he can't wait.

HARRISON: It'll be Brian Epstein, my manager...

MRS ROBINSON: Oh no, Sir. It's a Mr. Archer to see Mr Harrison.

[Interview paused at 1.28pm]