Twentyfive| hard times.

Omniscient

Aubree, Tori, Courtney and Raven, chilled down in Aubree's basement. All of them were dressed in matching pajamas. They all had their favorite snacks. Bottles of wine and boxes of patron sat on the table.

For the first time in a while, Aubree was actually enjoying herself. It's been nothing but laughs since her friends got here and this is exactly what she needed.

Especially after the encounter she had with Chris.

Tonight her troubles with him were getting pushed to the back of her mind.

"Okay okaaaaaay." Courtney said grasping everyone's attention. "So what are you guys costume ideas for the party next week. I want a dope ass costume but I'm taking forever to find something."

"Girl you better take your ass on fashion nova and order something." Raven said. "I think I want to be a sexy ninja. I'm not sure yet."

"Ooo, that would be cute." Tori said. "I have to look too. I'll definitely be on fashion nova though. What are you going to be Aubree?"

"I'm not going." She responded before popping some chips in her mouth.

"Bitch why?!" Raven asked.

"Girl you know why." Courtney responded. "She's avoiding Chris."

"But don't you see him anyway, Royalty and Ariel still hang out."

"I've seen him twice this week and it didn't end so well. I'm good on that." Aubree responded.

"And why won't you tell us why you guys broke up? You had Chris glowing like he was pregnant and ever since y'all broke up he's been a complete asshole." Tori said.

"Things just got complicated and he thought it was best for us to go our separate ways." Aubree shrugged.

Courtney's eyes grew. "Wait he broke up with you?! The way he acts you would think you left his ass."

Aubree was getting annoyed with all the Chris questions even though she should've expected this.

"No matter what you and Chris going through I still think you should come to this party. It's about to be lit, you don't want to miss out. We can be away from him and his friends just enjoy ourselves." Tori said.

"I'm sure there are a bunch of other clubs having Halloween parties, why we gotta go there?" Aubree asked.

"Cause we get in free, duh." Raven answered.

"Well y'all have fun for me."

"Bitch stop being so damn difficult. Nobody is supposed to stop you from enjoying yourself. I know you and Chris were really feeling each other but shit happens Bree, you just got to move on. Make him regret wanting to leave you." Tori said, making the conversation from earlier play in Aubree's head.

Feeling herself getting ready to cry she got up and headed upstairs.

She leaned on her counter and took a few deep breaths. She told herself that moving on from Chris would be the best option. He'll just find something else to complain about and break her heart once again. Her feelings for him are deep and it's terrible that it was so easy for him to walk away from her. But he wants her to take him back without putting in the work? That's not fair.

Tonight was supposed to keep her mind off the nonsense but that's too much like right.

Aubree hopes that Joyce dropped Ariel off, she didn't want to face him again.

The door to the basement opened, causing Aubree to roll her eyes. Maybe this girls night wasn't a good idea. Raven walked next to her, slightly bumping her shoulder. "You okay?" She asked.