3

I hear rustling around from the room beside mine. Then, I hear a bang, followed by a yell. Cuss words are being thrown into the air when my door opens, revealing my brother, Tyler.

"Do you have any glue?" He asks.

"Why would I have glue?" I snap back

"You're a girl, Faith. Don't you do your nails or something?" He calmly says back.

That's what I love about my brother. Even though he's 2 years older than me, we rarely fight and have similar interests. He is also always so calm and gentle towards me.

"No, I don't have glue, why?" I question.

"I broke moms favourite vase, and she's going to kill me." he yells back.

"That sounds like a you problem" I laugh before getting up out of bed and opening my blinds.
He jokingly curses at me and then shuts my door.

I unplug my phone from my charger, unlocking it to reveal its date. Friday, August 27th. I have school.

I throw my phone on my bed and walk over to my closet, picking out a grey crew neck sweater with some leggings.

I slowly walk into the bathroom to change, and then I slide a brush through my knotty hair. Finally the waves start to form through the knots and my hair is back to being acceptable.

I brush my teeth and put on some makeup. I do my everyday look. Just some liquid eyeliner, some matte cream coloured eyeshadow and some concealer to cover my blemishes. I also fill my eyebrows and gel them, I curl my eyelashes, putting a couple coats of mascara on.

When I get back into my room, I put on a couple rings, a necklace with a heart and some earrings in.

I grab my phone off of my bed then slip my feet into my black Toms and head downstairs. Tyler is already looking through the fridge when I take a seat at the bar stools lining our counter.

"Do you know where mom went?" I ask Tyler. My voice coming out a little louder than a whisper.

"Work." He states bluntly. "I'm guessing" he finishes, adding a small laugh.

I nod, grabbing my bag, coffee, then heading out the door. My school is only about 4 blocks away from my house so I walk everyday.

About 10 minutes later I walk up to the front doors of my Highschool.
Highschool is such a cruel place. You get judged for what you do, and what you don't do. You get judged for wear and don't wear. What you say and don't say. It's like they have a policy that you have to throw yourself at every guy, or else you're not popular.

"Move!" I hear, snapping me out of my thoughts. I look back to see a gorgeous boy that I have never seen before. He gives me an expecting nod, eyes wide and hands out. I quickly speed to my locker, grab out the books I need for my first class, and then head to my Homeroom.

When I get to class, I am one of the few people who are here. The few people who are actually on time. I sit in the back of the class, where my assigned seat is.

I have no one sitting beside me on either side. I have a girl named Brit sitting infront of me, with her bestfriend next to her.

The bell rings and a sea of students flood in. I hear different conversations being thrown around the room.

I doodle on my open notebook with my black pen, patiently waiting for class to start. When Mr.Rodge walks in, all the loud conversations are stopped, immediately turning into whispers.

I hear the soft sound of chalk on the chalkboard, indicating that he's writing something down.
About 5 minutes into class that guy I saw in the hall way shows up.

"Late?" Mr.Rodge questions. Everyone's gaze shifts to the door where the boy is.

"Uhm, yeah" the guy replies, looking a little uneasy.

"Take a seat next to-..." Mr.Rodge trails off, staring straight at me.

"Faith" I finish for him, considering he forgot my name.

The guy saunters over to the desk beside me and sits down. Throughout class, he tries to make small talk but I completely ignore him, copying down the notes Mr.Rodge is messily scribbling In hardly visible chalk.

After the hour is up, I collect my things and head to my next class. 
Throughout the day I've been looking for him, but ever since my first class I haven't seen him.

Right now is lunch, and I have enough money to go across the street to the fast food place or I can just eat cafeteria food.
I look back and forth between the two, trying to pick. I decide to save my money, shoving it back into my bag. Then I stand in line, waiting for my food.

During lunch I sit beside my two 'friends' that never talk to me outside of school. They are both caught up in some talk about this "Amazing new restaurant in New Orleans' that we just have to go to. I tune out the rest of their conversation while eating my lunch.

The day goes by pretty quick, and It's my last class of the day. I grab my gym bag from my locker and go to the locker rooms to change. I change into some spandex shorts and a loose, ripped dark blue shirt that the school provided a couple years ago. I put my hair up into a pony tail when I walk out. Today, we have to do laps. I slowly start off with my first lap, then 2nd, then 3rd, all the way to my 15th.

Our coach decides on a 'friendly' game of volleyball. But friendly? That never works out.

After gym I don't even change. I just slip on my leggings on overtop of my shorts, and a plain black sweater I found in my locker. I shove my grey sweatshirt in my bag, slinging it onto my back. Then I start making my way home.

When I get home I immediately go to the shower.

When I'm done, I change into some different spandex shorts and a sports bra, throwing a sweater over top and then I start on a good book.