.Rise and Fall. (76)

|Chapter: 76|
Three months later.

"JUMP ON THREE."

"NO."

"ONE."

"STOP."

"TWO."

"ARE YOU CRAZY?"

"THREE."

I curled my toes in an attempt to grip the grass underneath my feet to stop, but the pull was so strong and in seconds I was flying before I dived right into the water with a splash. Flapping my arms, I came on the top to fill my lungs with air while the person who pulled me into this was laughing his ass off like a dying hyena. But an attractive dying hyena.

"Don't tell me it wasn't fun Pumpkin", he said brushing his wet hair behind and the way his muscles flexed when he did that was enough for my mind to go haywire.

"It wasn't", I lied. "Don't you ever dare to do things like that again. What if I'd have drowned?", I asked trying to sound angry with my hands on my hips under the water.

He laughed. "You are standing under it, and also perfectly fine." He was right, the small pool we jumped in behind his house wasn't that deep. It reached till my chest and Ethan being taller, it only reached his elbows.

I rolled my eyes at him. "But what if I catch cold?", I asked looking down at my fully clothed body with my clothes wet now.

"It's in the middle of June not January that you'll catch cold pumpkin and.... only a week left for our graduation."

"And also a week left for the prom", I said with a sigh. The idea of prom never entertained me honestly, but Sarah insisted me to buy a dress yesterday, even when I told her I don't need one. But then, she finished her emotional speech saying, "You're going all the way to New Haven and this is my last wish to see in a dress Serena Anne Williams."

Yes, three days ago I got the news I've been literally waiting my entire life. My college application was not only accepted but also given a full year scholarship. Andrew took me and mom out for a dinner treat that night. Next day, Sal and I went for a small road trip around Lockswood and visited all the places we did when were young just to feel nostalgic and remember all the good times we had together. I can't believe this is my last week in Lockswood since I'm starting my classes earlier which means, I'm leaving in the night of my graduation day. And lastly, I have a perfect prom date planned with Ethan.

Finally, my life was getting on its track. But was I happy? Yes, I was. Nothing could go wrong in seven days, nothing. Well, that's what I thought.

"And that reminds we are going for a bow shopping later", Ethan said pulling me out of my reviera and splash water on me. In return he was awarded with a hard glare from me.

"Come here", he called and I raised my eyebrows at him instead of obliging his demand. He sighed and without a warning he caged me in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I try to free myself out of his hold but nope, he didn't budge even a slight.

"I need to show my prom pumpkin date how much of a good slower dancer I can be and teach some of my amazing skills to her. Now, c'mon dance with me." He guided me around the water slowly and gracefully. He held my hips and I held his shoulders.

"You love slow dancing, don't you?", I asked giggling when he tickled my skin by brushing his fingers lightly.

"I do. You know I... nothing." He shook his head smiling like at his own stupidity. I squeezed his shoulders, begging with my eyes as if telling him to go on. He huffed hanging his head low, before he lifted to meet my eyes again. "Mom was a wedding singer and I remember accompanying her sometimes, and watch the groom dancing with the bride. I always dreamed of having a perfect dance with the girl I want to be with in the future. But after I was diagnosed with cancer, I starting losing hopes for it to come true. Then you came along, and fulfilled my dream the day we danced in that hospital room. Now, I can die peacefully."