.Rise and Fall. (71)

Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me.
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be.
Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet.
And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street.

~ The Script.
.....

|Chapter: 71|

"This was a very bad idea", was the last thing I heard Kevin say before everything I saw was red dots. He lied and then, on top of it when I returned back to the gas station to catch him red handed and give him my piece of mind, I saw a random blonde in his arms, kissing his neck while he stood near his bike puffing out smoke. Relaxing like nothing in the world was going wrong while I was a mess he created.

He looked like a damn beautiful painting, that people will think thousand times before touching it, afraid to destroy the demeanor. I cannot believe I believed every word that fell out of the lips which were sucking the cigar now. I was in the same place yesterday where the blonde stood today, thinking that was only our moment. Middle of the road confessing his love, claiming me to be his and only his was the same boy shamelessly letting another girl kiss him.

Am I that easy to get replaced or I was so blinded by love that I was oblivious all these times? Either way, I shouldn't have trusted the bad boy. Like Salvor said, he was bound to break me one day. I stood still, my feet froze when she kissed him and he didn't push her away. It was like bucket of cold water washed me down and brought me back to the harsh reality. I didn't knew if I hate him more or myself for letting him in my perfectly planned life only to see this day.

He didn't notice me walked up to him ignoring the looks his gang members gave me. With the sudden found confident I was able to survive that. It was definitely my anger taking control of me when I yanked the blonde bitch away from him and he abruptly opened his eyes standing straight.

"Who the fuck are you?", the blonde shouted. I didn't flinch nor did I pay any attention to her as I stared at the person who looked like he saw the horror of his life. Honestly, I felt nothing for this guy anymore and I was ready to break every string attached to him. Last time I slapped him without thinking but this time when I lifted my hand I had my full sense and I knew exactly what I was doing. With the harsh contact of my fingers on his left cheek, I felt the pain not only coursing down my hand but in my heart too.

"I asked who the fuck do you think you are? How dare you slap my boyfriend", she again shouted and this time I was blown away. Still I ignored her as I waited for the guy who meant eveything to me till few minutes ago to move his jaw. He blinked his eyes to stop his fake tears that clouded his eyes with regret and pain in them. But I'd be a foolish to believe that anymore.

"R-Rena...", he barely whispered. My heart broke more. What did I ever do to deserve this pain? It was hundred times more than the kicks and punches I went through only because I was with him. I lost all the power to put up a fight. I just wanted to disappear in the thin air and never see his face again. "It's not what.. it l-looks like.. please let me explain." He tired to take my hands but I instantly flinched away from him like his touch burnt my skin, disgusted by his touch. My mind went blank, I didn't know what to say or even think as I watch him fail to make a proper excuse.

At last I managed to muster up the coldest look in my eyes as well as my face when I said, "Why? Wasn't I enough or all the things I did for a cheater like you?" As soon as the words left my lips, a vulnerable look passed his face. He looked like I stabbed him in his guts with thousand knives when I was the one hurting here, when I should be the one giving him that look.