.Rise and Fall. (13)

|Chapter: 13|

I tried to take my wrist out of his grip which only resulted in making him more angry and tightened his hold to the extent of hurting me, or even leave a purple bruise.

We were passing the booth packed with the five boys when the same guy from before yelled, "Hey beautiful, where are you going?You sure we'll get our food tonight?"

"Man, give her some break", another one snorted, from the same group of boys.

Nickel halted on his way and turned back to give them a glare which was enough to scare me for another seven days. To prove his point more that he was annoyed with them, he strode towards them as he pulled me along with him.

He slammed his free hand hard on the table which made all of them jump on their seat, as well as me where I stood near him. I didn't have the smallest hint for what he was getting angry at.

"Nobody fucking order her around. Go get your own food", he hissed at them. I just stared at him with my mouth slightly open. That's my job. What is his problem? Again he started dragging me and this time we made it out of the diner.

"Let go of me", I finally found my voice as I tried again to get out of his grip. But he was far stronger than me, and I was just behind his tail. Ignoring my unwillingness to go with him he pulled me to his car and opened the passenger door before pushing me inside and then lock the door.

What does he want to do now? Kidnap me? My heart started to pound as I watch him walk back to take his driving seat.

"Look I don't know why you're doing this but please let me go", I started with a low voice finding some courage to talk to him. "What did I ever do to you? I promise to..to ne..never interfere your business in future. Ple.. Please...", I was babbling, making no sense. 

I hated this. I hated being scared of him. If he is doing all these because I tried to help him that night then I'm never helping him in future. Ever again.

He looked at me with a blank expression on his face as he put the seat belt on. He kept staring at my eyes and I didn't look away either.

The knock on his window made both of us look away and to see the person standing behind the window. The reghead girl. Her face was somewhat of a hurt look, but mostly angry when Nickel roll down the glass and she saw me.

"Nick you're suppose to take me home. What the hell is that bitch doing there in my place?", she spit out her anger, pointing her index on me. As if she caught him cheating her with me, and that thought disturbed me.

I felt insulted because I had nothing to do with all these but I was being called a bitch for no reason. Nickel took hold of the steering wheel tightly with his hands as he clenched his jaw. Pissed, he was getting more pissed.

"Good luck with the walking back home, Kelly", he deadpanned.

"Shelly, my name is Shelly", she corrected him, giving him that 'are you kidding me' look. Pfft, I was somehow controlling myself from laughing out.

He rolled up the glass on her face and then started the engine. He was really leaving her here. Jokes apart, but I actually felt bad for her even though she just called me a bitch like minutes ago. It will be really difficult for her to walk back home with the five inch heels that she was wearing and the little short dress in this freezing weather. I wish he was a bit considerate.

Before he could pull away I instantly place my hand on his hand that was gripping the steering wheel, to stop him. He tensed up the moment I touch him, but then he relaxed.

Slowly he turn to look at me, gazing softly. What was that look? I realised what actually I did and then pull back my hand before placing it on my lap.

"Nickel...I think you should drop her home. Its dark and not safe", I said trying to reason him. He stayed silent for few seconds just staring at me, making me uneasy.

"Get in", is all I heard him say after he unlocked the door for the girl who was still standing there with a frown on her face.

This is the second time he listened to me. With the same frown she got inside the backseat and sat with her arms over her chest, grumpily.

He took a U turn before driving away in the opposite direction of our houses. I got lost in my thoughts as I looked at the passing trees and houses outside the window.

What does he actually want from me? I won't stop working at the diner just because he said so, even if I let him drag me out of there today.

You let him or you were too scared to stand up for yourself, my conscience hit me.

Lately, so many things are happening between us like some force is pushing us together when last seven years he ignored me like I didn't even exist. The person who lives just next to his door meant nothing to him all these past years, but suddenly he was everywhere I laid my eyes on.

How all these started?

The day I stood in front of his door, the first time I ever try to take a step to help him. It was like a key to the door. The door that we build between us all those years. The door that kept was separated was now open through which he came inside my world and somehow I crept in his too. It was all my mistake. His world is dark whereas mine is bright, we could never survive in each others world.

I still remember how I got offended that he didn't return my smile when we first saw each other and it was the reason why I didn't even care to look at his face from the next day.

I ignored the screams, the swearing words and the pain in his voice. But I wanted to. I wanted to run to him every single time he was in pain. Then again there was a small part me that stopped me. I was scared. Scared that he'll reject me just like he rejected my smile. 'Coward' that's what I was, I am and will always be.

The car came to a halt and I was pulled out of my thoughts. I saw a big metal gate and a three storage house behind it. That redhead girl must be loaded, but the lack of her dress says otherwise. That's fashion, you old hack, my smartass conscience replied.

Instead of climbing out of the car she snaked her hands to Nickel's arm from behind.

"Nick you could still change the plan and come inside. No one's there in my house. I'm alone", she suggested with a seductive voice. Something inside me didn't feel right like there was a burning in my chest when I thought of the things they could do when they are alone and feel disgusted at the same time.

I wish I could choke you. Then I realised what I just thought, no no that's definitely not me.

I turn my face to look outside the window to hide the scowl forming in my face. And I don't even know why.

"Get out", Nickel hissed.

"What?" Is she deaf or something, I thought.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY CAR", he snapped which made her take her hands away from him. Even I was scared with the tone he just used. The girl climbed out the car and slammed the door behind her before rushing away stumbling couple of times because of her high heels.

This is why I wear converse most of the time. You never know when you need to run away especially when you're with Nickel Black.

*******
Vote.Comment.Share