.:Chapter Twenty-Four:.

It was another sunny afternoon in Brooklyn, the sun shining down at the people on the street. Magnus, however, was sitting in total darkness when Theresa and James walked into his loft. The blue blackout curtains were drawn and all of the lights were off. The couple glanced at each other and then at Magnus. As their eyes adjusted to the darkness of the room, they noticed a small, black kitten cuddles up to Magnus, purring softly. Jen stepped towards the warlock slowly and carefully, trying not to startle him. 

"Magnus?" Tessa said softly, following Jem. She looked at the body of her friend in concern. Both she and Jem had experienced bouts of depression after Will's death. It looked like it's was Magnus' turn.

After Jem had managed to get Magnus on the couch, wrapped in a soft blanket with a mug of sweet hot chocolate, Tessa started asking him questions.
"Are you alright, Magnus?" She asked. All she got was a hum in reply.
"Are you hungry?" Another hum.
"Do you need anything?" Another hum. This continued for a while, Tessa asking questions and getting hums in reply until she asked something that caught his attention.
"Magnus, do you want me to Change for you?" Magnus seemed to have sprung to life, as he nodded frantically.
"Please, please, please Tess..." he rambled, begging over and over again.
"Of course I will Magnus!" Tess replied, smiling. The cat-eyed man sprang up, much like a real cat would, and rushed into his room.

Magnus emerged a few minutes later, though he was slower and more sheepish as he did so. He was holding a hole-y black jumper and he held it gingerly like he was afraid he was going to ruin it. Sitting back down, Magnus hesitated before giving the sweater to Tessa. Once he did, Jem left, respecting that Magnus would want some time alone with 'Alec'. Tess took the jumper and closed her eyes, concentrating as hard as she possibly could. As she concentrated, her appearance changed from a brown haired woman to a raven haired man. Tessa - now Alec - opened his eyes, leaving Magnus shocked. His eyes were like they were in his dream - one blue and one gold and green with a slitted pupil.
"Hey, Magnus." Alec smiled. Magnus immediately tackle-hugged him, grinning from ear to ear. They both fell to the floor as they hugged and kissed.
"I-I missed you so much..." Magnus sobbed, reduced to tears.
"I missed you too, love, but I'm here now," Alec replied, keeping the warlock close and carding his fingers through Magnus' hair. They stayed like that for a while, letting the kitten join the cuddle when he nudged Alec's palm.

When it got dark, it was time for Alec to leave. Magnus sobbed as he hugged his hunter for the last time, but then he wasn't hugging Alexander anymore. He was hugging Tessa.