.:Chapter Seven:.

A/N: I made it to 100 reads! Thank you for everything, I never thought I would get this far. Enjoy Chapter 7!

Magnus was shutting everyone out. Catarina knew she had to do something. She knew that Alec had given him a box of letters for him to open, so maybe there was a letter in there for him now. She just had to do SOMETHING. He wasn't like this when Ragnor died, nor when Raphael was murdered. So why was he like this now? So secluded and closed off?

Cat walked through Magnus' door, not bothering to knock or ring the bell.
"Magnus, This has gone too far!" She exclaimed. Magnus looked up. He looked like his normal self, but a tired, wrecked version of himself. His eyeliner was smudged, with tear tracks going down his face. His hair was greasy and hung down.
"What do you mean, Cat?" He asked, a puzzled look on his face.
"I mean, you need to stop ignoring us!"
"I'm not ignoring you Cat."
"Yes, you are." Magnus opened his mouth to argue but Catarina shushed him.
"No. You listen to me." Her tone softened. "You need to talk to us, Magnus. I know you're struggling. I know it's hard, but you've never been this closed off, not even when Ragnor..." she trailed off. It was hard for both of them to talk about him. Magnus sighed and patted the sofa cushion next to him, signalling for her to sit down. The second she did, he put his arms around her and buried his head in her shoulder, sobbing quietly. Cat returned the hug and waited for him to calm down, playing gently with his hair. Once the sobs had turned to sniffles, Cat quietly asked;
"Do you want to talk about it?" She knew she couldn't push him, but she had to get him to talk.
"H-he was the love of my life, Cat... I thought we would have longer... not eternity... but longer than this. I-I knew I would lose him even-eventually, but not this soon." Magnus had tears silently streaming down his face. Cat nodded.
"I know.. I know." She said softly and encouragingly.
"It hurts, Cat... not more than Ragnor but... it hurts differently..."
"Of course it does. You loved Ragnor, but you were never IN love with him." Cat smiled. Magnus snorted.
"He wishes." They sat in silence for a few minutes, taking a moment to recognise Ragnor and Alec's deaths. Magnus was the next to speak.
"Thank you."
"You're welcome, Magnus. Are you going to be okay now? I need to get to work." Magnus nodded. Catarina gave the man one more hug before she stood up and created a portal.
"Don't be a stranger Mags." Cat stepped through the portal, leaving Magnus alone.