.:Chapter One:.

Red had always been his second favourite colour, only losing to the impossible blues of Alexander Gideon Lightwood's eyes. Red represented passion and love.

That was, of course, until the day his beloved died.

Alec had asked Magnus on a date for the first time. He had said yes, of course. They went to a small Ethiopian restaurant that Simon had suggested. Alec was laughing at something Magnus had said and Magnus was drinking in everything the Shadowhunter was doing. The smile on his face. The crinkles by his eyes. His laugh lines. Alec was beautiful in every way.

That was when everything went wrong.

They were walking back to Magnus' loft. The light of the moon was softly reflecting on the wet pavement (it had rained a few hours before). Magnus has his arm wrapped around Alec's waist, holding him close. Alec tensed suddenly and stopped.
"Alec? Darling, what's wrong?" Magnus asked, concern clear in his voice. Alec pulled a seraph blade out of his belt.
"Eidolon demons. Behind us." Alec whipped around, graceful as ever and sliced one of the demons in completely in half. Alec started fighting them, getting in front of Magnus to protect him. Neither of them noticed the Raum demon creeping up behind them.

The Raum demon jumped clean over Magnus' head and went straight for his blue-eyed lover. It attached it's tentacles to Alec's side and pulled. Deep gashes were left in his side. Alec's mouth formed an 'O' in surprise as his knees buckled and he fell to the floor. Magnus ran towards him, blowing the rest of the demons to smithereens on his way over. He dropped to his knees, ignoring the small shock of pain. He picked up his lover and held him close. Alec was bleeding badly. Blood was staining his shirt and the smell of blood hit Magnus' nose.

"M-Magnus.." Alec choked out, coughing up blood as he did. Magnus shushed him.
"It's going to be okay. Don't worry, it's going to be okay." Magnus was crying, tears sliding down his cheeks. He was covered in his boyfriend's blood. It was warm, wet and sticky on his hands. Alec shook his head.
"Mag-Magnus.." Alec stuttered.
"No. This can't be happening. I thought we had longer than this!" Magnus was yelling now, angry that the world was taking his lover from him too soon.
"Mags... calm down..." Alec choked out, blood spilling over his lips as he did so.
"No! I can't lose you yet, Alexander!" Alec leaned up slowly, using all of his energy, and kissed him slowly and softly. Magnus kissed back, tasting the blood on his lover's lips. He pulled back softly and hugged Alec close to his chest, whispering sweet nothings into his ear, watching the light leave his blue, blue eyes. As he took his laugh breath, Alec gasped out,
"I-I love you.." Magnus looked into his lover's eyes until anything that was Alec had left them and he couldn't see them anymore because his eyes were blurry with tears. Magnus closed his eyes, blinking away the tears. Alec was gone.

Forever.