.:Chapter Eight:.

Magnus sat in his wooden desk chair, the one with the straight back and velvet cushion, in front of his desk. The box sat in front of him, its lid open. The letters were lined up perfectly, all neat and tidy. The warlock hesitantly sorted through them, looking for one he could read.

Open When... you're blocking everyone out.

The letter was enclosed in a cream coloured envelope, scattered with small pink flowers. Magnus pulled it out of the box and undid the seal on the envelope. He pulled the also cream coloured paper out of its envelope and unfolded it.

Dear Magnus,
                        Please don't try to take this burden alone. I know it's hard, I know it's terrifying and all you want to do is take the pain away. Max... it was the same. I wish I was there to take care of you as you did for me. Since I can't help you, you need to rely on others. Let Jace and Izzy, or Catarina and Tessa be me instead. Let them help you like I would if only I could. Share the burden. It'll help you, I promise.
I love you.
Your Alexander
      Xxx

Magnus smiles as he read 'Your Alexander', as he always did. He carefully put the letter back in its envelope and returned it to the back of the box. He shut the lid of the box and locked it using his silver key. He put the chain back around his neck. With a smile, he took his phone out of his pocket. He scrolled through the contacts, after looking sadly for a second at the contact labelled Alexander, and quickly dialled a number. They picked up on the first ring.
"Hey Izzy, do you and Jace want to meet at Taki's?"
He smiled.