.:Chapter Two:.

Jace was having fun with Clary. They were in the training room after a training session, messing with the swords. You know, putting them in the wrong places, hiding the keys to the cabinet containing the more dangerous weapons, that kind of stuff. They were laughing, imagining Alec's face when he found out.

But he never would.

They were just about to move Alec's bow, which he had left behind while on his date with Magnus when he felt a stab of pain through his Parabatai bond. He gasped slightly and doubled over.
"Jace?" Clary asked, giving him a concerned look and helped steady him.
"It's... Alec." He gasped out, as another wave of pain hit him. It was getting worse. He could feel the burning in his veins. It felt like his side had been ripped with claws and he fell to his knees, screaming Alec's name. That's when Clary got concerned. She ran over to Jace and started trying to calm him down. Izzy stormed through the door, running toward Jace.
"Jace?? What happened Clary?" Izzy asked, looking at Jace with a scared look on her face. Jace was clutching his rune.
"I-I don't know. We were messing around and he just collapsed!"
"A-Alec!" Jace screamed.

The pain got worse. It felt like the angels were ripping him from this world, forcing him to leave. All he could see, all he could feel was Alec. He tasted the metallic taste of blood on his lips, but he was ignoring it. The only thing - no, not thing - person he could focus on was Alec. His Parabatai. His brother. His best friend.

Izzy saw Jace grasping his parabatai rune.
"It's Alec. Something's wrong." Izzy told Clary. She was holding up Jace, who couldn't hold himself up. Clary's eyes widened in shock. She knew what could happen to Jace if Alec died. And then Jace stopped. He slumped against Izzy.

Jace felt empty. Like something was missing. A hole in his heart. He knew why. Alec had gone. He had left this world. Gone to the Angels. He was breathing hard.
"Alec... he's gone." He muttered. Izzy's mouth dropped open.
"No..." She muttered. Izzy whipped out her phone and texted Magnus. She stared at her phone until it buzzed. And she went pale.
"It's true." was all she said. Jace rushes to his feet. He snatched Izzy's phone, looked at something, then ran off, leaving the mobile on the floor. Izzy and Clary were hot on his heels.

Magnus was sitting on the cold, hard, dirty ground, clutching Alec's body like he never wanted to let go. He was covered in Alec's blood, dirt and tears. That was when Jace came running towards them.
"ALEC! ALEC NO!" He screamed as he reached the warlock. Jace dropped to his knees next to Alec's body and reached out to touch his Parabatai. But Magnus pulled back from Jace, holding his love.
"Magnus.. please.." Jace begged. When Jace reached out to touch Alec, Magnus didn't move, letting the blonde slowly close Alec's eyes. Magnus was still sobbing and was vaguely aware of an arm around his shoulders, rubbing them softly. When Jace attempted to take his lover from him, Magnus whined and held onto Alec tight. Clary whispered something in his ear soothingly, so he let go. Jace put Alec's body into the car and Izzy and Clary helped Magnus to his feet and helped him into the blue Porsche.

They drove back to the institute in silence. Magnus still had tears running down his face. Jace was silently crying, but his eyes were on the road. Clary and Izzy were staring into space. None of them knew what was happening. There was only one thing they felt sure of at that moment.

Alec was not coming back.