.:Chapter Fourteen:.

Warning: This chapter contains mentions of self-harm. If this makes
you uncomfortable, do not read.

As advised by Jace, Magnus sat in front of the box of letters, rifling through them. He finally saw what he was looking for.

Open When... you were thinking of joining me.

The letter was, ironically, placed in a blood red envelope with a black rose in the bottom left corner. As always, the warlock carefully broke the seal and gently pulled the letter out of the envelope. It was also written on red paper with black flowers sitting the edges. He unfolded it and started to read.

Dear Magnus,
I have to ask. Why? Why do that? Just take a second to think, find an answer for that question. Now get it out of your head. Maybe it's because you thought you had nothing left here. You're wrong. You have Jace and Isabelle, Clary and Simon and everyone else. You have the Chairman (make sure to feed him by the way). Maybe it was because you NEED to be with me. You're wrong. You're THE Magnus Bane, High Warlock of Brooklyn! You can have anything you want. Make yourself forget me, or at least move on. Just don't forget me entirely.

So please. Think about it. You don't want to do this. You're needed where you are. You may not think so, but you are.

I'll see you when it's time.

Aku Cinta Kamu.
I love you, Magnus.

Your Alexander
Xxx

Magnus' brows furrowed in thought. He WAS needed, by everyone really. The Downworld, Brooklyn, the Lightwoods... everyone. Maybe he could wait a while longer. He put the paper back in its envelope and put that back in the box with the other letters, right at the back. He knew Alec was right. In reality, he was right most of the time, the warlock just never wanted to admit it.

Magnus went back into the bathroom, his hands shaking slightly. The blade glinted in the bright light of the room. Magnus picked up the blade, turning around between his fingers.

And threw it in the bin.

He didn't need it anyway. He had magic and razors were stupidly expensive anyway. Maybe he should try growing a beard... then again, Alec would have hated that. Perhaps further in the future. He smiled fondly at the thought and walked out of the bathroom, leaving his worries behind.

Alec would wait for him.