Chapter 2|Options

The old door to the small cabin that Strawberry's made a loud screeching sound when she opened it. Peering through the tiny crack to see if her aunt or uncle were in the house. She scoured the living room, kitchen and dining room to find them sitting on the couch together talking in hushed whispers while waiting for her to get home from her outing.

Upon hearing the door open Strawberry's aunt and uncle looked up from their place on the couch. They both held worried looks on their faces thinking their niece was in a dangerous situation because she was later than usual. They viewed her as their own daughter and would never want to upset her but, they wouldn't be here forever for them to take care of her. Life expectancy for humans was quite low in the world they lived in and they were growing older. Nit to mention the viral infection that took strawberry's parents lives was spreading through the nation fast. What would happen to Strawberry after they passed into another life?

The world they lived in was too dangerous of a place for someone as naive and innocent as Strawberry. She could only see the good and potential in people, she had a hard time viewing something as evil. It was sweet but, puts her in serious danger especially living so close to two supernatural creatures.

Sighing her aunt signalled her over with her hands so she could take a seat in between her and her husband. Strawberry walked cautiously still sad about finding out she had t marry a mean man that has hurt psychically.

"I'm sorry my sweet", her uncle said,"but you must understand, that we are not getting any younger here and you need some one to look after you so, you are safe in this world once we leave it."

Tears stung Strawberry's eyes when she heard that. She knew her uncle and aunt would never want to put her in a terrible situation and just wanted her to be safe. If they wanted her to marry someone to be safe, why choose Jonas?

"I understand uncle but, why Jonas? He's so cruel. Why couldn't he marry someone else?", she said in a hushed whisper.

"Oh Strawberry we felt like he would protect you and give you a good life. He was the first to offer sign of interest and seemed very charming and a well behaved gentleman. Do you not want to marry him?", her aunt questioned worriedly, hoping her niece was okay with marrying him and wasn't just agreeing to it to make them happy.

"No!", Strawberry exclaimed suddenly. "I don't want to marry him. What if I'm somebody else's beloved?" She said calmer even though she knew she wasn't anyone's beloved. She wished she was Ignis's beloved though. She suddenly slipped into a daydream again of them being married and living in house together.

"If you don't want to marry then we'll call it off and wait a couple months till after the festivals to see if you've changed your mind or you're someones beloved but, you do have to take into consideration what you are going to do once we die. Alright?", he uncle said in as soft of tone as possible so he wouldn't upset his niece even more.

Strawberry thought about for a moment. The festivals were made for vampires and demons to come to village for a couple days of the year to see if they sense their beloveds. If that happens then they get to decide with they want to mark or reject them. Maybe there is someone out there waiting for her?

If only it was Ignis. At least she would have time to think over her future and what she wanted to do. Maybe Jonas isn't really that bad or she becomes someones beloved. She'll just have to wait for now.

Replying after a couple of minutes of thinking her options over,"Alright."

• • • • •

Ignis marched into his empty mansion. It was a family heir loom that he got from his late father but, it was too large for just one person. He just wanted to be able make use out of it somehow.

He spent most of his time repairing the mansion in hopes that one day Strawberry would agree to move in with him. He made sure it had extra rooms in the future if she ever wanted to have children and if she didn't then it could be hobby rooms or left empty. He left most of the mansion undecorated so if one day she does decide to move in then she can make it feel like home to her. The only rooms he has decorated so far was his study and his bedroom.

Thinking of ways to convince Strawberry to move in before it was too late and she was already married he walked into his study. It wasn't hard to make her happy since she was overjoyed by the smallest of things but, he wanted to make things special for her.

He looked at the wall longingly. It felt so empty here without her and he just wished she was able to talk to her everyday. To just see her everyday would be enough for him. He dreamed of them married and living in this mansion together. He started think about the honeymoon they'll have and about all the fun times they'll share. All the children that run around the house while chasing after each other. They'll all look exactly like her from their button nose to red hair, he couldn't wait.

Most importantly he was excited about the first kiss. How soft and sweet her lips will feel on his. He knew it would be both of their first kisses first kisses because he will wait as long as she wanted to wait for them to kiss. He's always wanted her to be his first kiss.

With that last thought in mind he opened the drawer of his massive desk to grab a sparkling ring and put it in his pocket. He went to the kitchen to starting making a surprise that his beloved little Strawberry won't be expecting at all.