"Ok," Alex replied.

***

It was around six in the evening. Juliet was over, and they were watching Bewitched. Homemade garlic bread was baking in his kitchen.

Ever since Juliet came, his dorm started smelling heavenly.

They were currently wrapped up in each other. Her head on his shoulder, her hand on his chest. His hand around her waist, the other on top of her hand.

"Nicole Kidman acts so well," Juliet murmured.

He said, "She does." He suddenly said, "did you like Cain, at one point?"

Laughter bubbled out of her. "Huh? No way. Why?"

"You went on a date with him that one time..."

"Ah. That." She rolled her eyes. "I forgot why he wanted me to come. I think it was a last minute decision, or he wanted to impress some family member or make someone jealous or something...?"

"So you didn't like him that way?"

"No. I didn't. But what about you?" She soured. "How is that tramp with horrible hair?"

Alex chuckled. "Ah. Katherine. My mother set me up with her. She said if I went out with this one then I wouldn't have to date anyone for the next six months."

"And how long ago was this?"

"I think five months ago? Six months will end after December ends."

"And then more dates for you," she said darkly. "Does your mother know about us?"

"Not yet."

She smiled at the yet. "If you don't tell her soon, then I swear I will."

"I don't want to tell her yet," he said quietly.

She blinked. "Why? Are you ashamed of me?" She pulled back a little.

He pulled her towards him. "Of course not. I'm rarely ashamed of you."

"Rarely. So you have been ashamed of me at some point?"

He chuckled. "Oh! There have been times I've wanted to close my eyes and pretend I wasn't friends with you. You have done some pretty weird things."

She grinned suddenly. "That's true." She tilted her head to the side. "But won't your mother try to set you up on dates if she doesn't know about us?"

"...I guess she will."

Juliet scowled -

"Jules," he said, "I swear I will tell them. Just not now." He stroked her hair. "I sold my company. I invested myself in football now. I stopped calling my mother every weekend because I don't have the business to talk about anymore. I don't seem to be free enough to open my father's emails because I'm usually at football practise or I'm studying or I'm with you. I've made so many changes. If I date a girl without them consenting or approving or selecting or whatever, then it'll be a big shock for them. I've given them enough heart attacks. I will tell them about us - soon. I swear."

Juliet pursed her lips. "That makes sense. But you'll tell them atleast by New Year's, right?"

"...maybe Valentine's?"

"You want to wait till February?"

"Yes?"

"You're talking like we're going to last until February," she said.

He shifted. "Assuming we do, I mean."

She stared at him, and then grinned. "Of course we are. Like I'm going to let go of you that easy."