For the Last Time

"It hasn't been long enough." Derek growled and Merlin shouted something in a different language letting the magic escape from his hands and hit Kate directly in the chest. She let out a grunt, falling back onto the wall before she started to laugh. She stepped out from the spell and Derek's head snapped to Merlin who looked as equally confused.

"Sorry, kids, I came to class prepared." Kate pulled out a charm and even though Derek didn't recognize it, Merlin seemed to from the scowl on his face. "Yeah, magic that seeks to harm won't work on me. It's a clever thing I picked up from my last excursion. There was a rather nasty group of witches who thought they could outsmart me. I took this as a souvenir. Rather pretty, non?"

Derek let himself Beta shift and let his claws come out. In response, Kate dropped two knives from her sleeves. He rushed at her and let out a growl, swiping at her which she avoided and punched him in the face, leaving a long gash across his face as she was drawing her hand back. It healed slowly as they exchanged blow for blow, taking steps back and forth. Merlin figured out that he could still throw objects at Kate, which the hunter laugh.

"I do love a challenge." She gave them a full teethed smile as she ducked a flying dresser. His mirror went flying to the hunter and she grabbed Derek, pulling her towards him before crouching into a ball and tripping him. His face went crashing into the mirror, and Merlin cursed as the Alpha werewolf hissed, getting back onto his feet, his face painted red in his own blood. There was one glass caught above his eyebrow and tiny flecks that moved with every breath he took. Kate sent a knife to Merlin who sidestepped it.

"Come on, boys. Give me a little bit more of a challenge."

The bedroom door burst open and Stiles, Scott, Peter, Erica, Jackson and Lydia came in.

"Now this is a challenge." Kate laughed, clapping her hands in delight. "No offense, Derek, but it might take more than one man to handle all of this." She licked her lips and Derek blanched.

The rest of the pack engaged in fight with Kate as Stiles rushed to Derek, cupping his face, his eyes glancing from shard to shard, his fingers already working the large one out. Derek hissed out breaths in pain, but he leaned into the soft touch nonetheless. Stiles pulled him by the nape of his neck, their foreheads hitting hard, and he kissed Derek.

Everything went supernova in Derek, his entire being lighting up as something in him settled. It felt like there had been a hurricane tearing him apart inside and now that he could feel the wet, warm pressure on his lips, he felt complete. Stiles was already pulling back, but Derek cupped his face in his hand bringing him back in, his hands curling over his ear, kissing him with a desperation of having been denied this for years. Of having had to live without this.

"Enough kissing." Peter pulled their heads apart, frowning as he looked from werefox to werewolf. "Why isn't Merlin casting the spell?"

"She has a charm around her neck that prevents any harm spell." Derek said, turning back to Kate who seemed to be enjoying fighting his Betas at the same time while narrowly avoiding different objects. Peter bounded past them and to Merlin. Derek and Stiles looked at each other, Alpha red eyes meeting golden ones.

"For the last time." Stiles jerked his head to Kate. Derek nodded, his shoulders relaxing.