Part 2

"Stop being so dramatic, Peter." Talia said, rolling her eyes, but even as she said it, there was a similar grief in her voice. "Genim is still part of this pack...even if he doesn't feel it." This was pointed to Claudia who fought her instinct to wince. She wasn't some child that as being scolded by her mother. Her decision was one that was sound.

    With that, the three of them got out of the car and went back to the house.

    Genim and Derek were sitting on the couch, watching some new TV show about a pink haired girl, but when the adults walked in, the golden eyed boy approached Peter who was looking down at him with a pinche expression, something that the younger one seemed to pick up on.

    "Hurt, Peter?" the young boy asked, grabbing Peter's hand and pulling him down. Despite the lack of expression on the werewolf's face, everyone could smell the grief that came off of him as he got closer. The lack of werefox scent became more obvious the closer one got to him, knowledge that Claudia had become intimately aware of.

    But what made everyone freeze was when Genim wrapped his arms around Peter's' neck after being tugged down. The young boy tucked his face into Peter's neck, but after a few seconds moved again, taking in deep breaths.

    "Geni-" Claudia began to say, knowing where this was going.

    "Peter?" Genim asked, frowning as he drew back. He closed his eyes and drew a long breath through his nose. He looked up at his mom worried. "Mommy, I can't smell Peter." The pained choke that came from the beta werewolf made the Alpha werefox's eyes drift to the source. Peter's eyes were brimmed with tears, tell tale splotches of red beginning to form on his cheeks which he covered up with a hand across his mouth. The werewolf turned on his heel and left.

Claudia was left with a confused Genim who was quickly taken back by Derek and a silent, brooding Talia.