Chapter Eleven: Broken Actions

Carrie's Perspective

Breaking off the lid, the fumes of the soup fill my nostrils. Its scent is chill and bitter with a mixture of rotten meat. But, fortunately, this soup will do me good. Without hesitation, I tip the can over my lips and the cold liquid enters my mouth. Lumps enter also, my guess would be beans. Though it's cold, I consume it. I swallow and drop the can. I look over at Y/n whose staring at the tin cans. "I-I-I...don't want to die." S/he explains. I roll my eyes and scoff. "Picky child!" I mutter, folding my arms. Y/n shrugs and lowers his/her noggin, staring at the floorboards. To be honest, this place needs a makeover. A mop can do some good with all these stains! The boards spring up, loose from the nails that held 'em down. For all I know, that old man is broke! Crying over the littlest of things and surrounded by crumpled up litter with ink dripping from the ceiling. Oh, that isn't a nice visual.

My eyes wander around the room and I see Y/n out of place. Instead of being calm and collected, s/he looks uncomfortable. I get onto my knees and crawl over to Y/n, my skin inches above the splinters. "Y/n?" I say, sitting onto my knees. Y/n looks over at me, tilting his/her noggin. "¿Que?" S/he asks, raising an eyebrow. "Don't play that card. I've known ya." I state, pointing my index finger at Y/n. "Uh," Y/n squeaks. "Now tell me. ¿Como te sientes?" I fold my arms. "Um, like fire beneath the ice." Y/n bites down onto her/his bottom lip. S/he looks at me for a minute. Then releases her/his lip. "An inevitable demise, standing on the edge jumping into hurt. Time and time again I will never learn." Y/n responds. "Okie dokie," I respond tilting my noggin. But, I know something is up. "Answer my question!" I add. "Oh!" Y/n exclaims. S/he let's out a sigh. "I don't like it here. This place gives me nightmares, horrid memories of Bendy and company." Y/n whispers, lowering her/his head. "Plus, it's cold." Y/n adds. "Hmm..." I respond. I pull off my black jacket and hand it to Y/n. Hesitant Y/n is before I insist on her/him wearing it. S/he then wraps it around herself/himself. "Thanks, Carrie, you're a bestie." S/he responds. I give a smile then embrace her/him in a hug.

With my arms wrapped around Y/n, I pull her/him closer. Then, I'm able to pick up someone's venting. I release Y/n and turn my head to find Sammy in a corner, hands above a candle flame. "Sam? Samuel? Sammy?" I asked, crawling over to him. "Can I get an amen?" Sammy whispers. My eyes widen as I see Sammy's hands lower down to the flame. I lunge at Sammy which ultimately makes the candle fall over. Sammy let's out a grunt.

"What the hell?!" He exclaims.