Chapter Nine: History Of The Prison

Carrie's Point Of View

This guy, this-this being, needed some heavy amount of makeup. However, he really could play the banjo well. I looked over at Y/n. Could this be a good idea? Y/n shrugged almost as if s/he read my thoughts. I turned my face to Sammy. Me and Y/n nodded in response to Sammy's question. Instantly, he became very excited at the thought of change. Possibly permanent. Sammy untied me from the wooden pole. I jumped up and down with joy of the idea of getting something all dolled up, even if they were ummm..........alive? Y/n hugged me tight, almost as if we hadn't meant in years. Someone cleared his throat and both our eyes went over to Sammy who had begun to tap his foot impatiently against the wooden floorboards. He had his arms folded and crossed over his chest. I broke free of the hug and then cleared my throat. I put my hands behind my back then looked at him with a deep fear in my head. But, I decided to just push it into the far away corner of my brain. "Now then...ummm..." I tried to hide my nervousness with a smile. Y/n nudged me with his/her elbow. God! "Wh-What should we start with...ummm first?" I asked Sammy. "Well.......maybe...my 'face'?" Sammy suggested, using finger quotations on the word face. Oh c'mon! It couldn't be that bad! "That ummmm......mask has always creeped me out anyway......his face has been in my nightmares ever since those days." Y/n commented. Sammy raised his hands to his broken mask, lifting it up. The sticky black substance attached itself to the mask. Sammy pulled hard to get it away from himself.

A burden of sanity.

"Ummmmm?" Sammy asked. "Oh! Erm......sorry!" I wrapped my fingers around the mask and began to pull with Sammy. Y/n just watched as me and Sammy broke off the mask's strap tied around his face. I fell back onto the floor, with a loud crack erupting from my butt. I looked down at my butt to see spliteners everywhere because of the force I put in to smash a floorboard. "Owww......." I moaned in pain. Y/n walked over to me and reached out a hand. I grabbed onto it and brought myself up. I turned to look at the damage I had done to the poor floorboard. My butt had left a hole with the wooden spliteners surrounding the hole. "We have a place to rest up for." Sammy's voice said. I had completely forgotten about him! I turned around and saw a different side of Sammy. His black face had ink dripping down. His eyes had glown with a soft orange yellow hue. He looked depressed.

"Holy hell!" I exclaimed right before covering my mouth. My eyes darted over to Y/n who had begun to chew his/her bottom lip. Honestly, he didn't look anything like I expected! Sad, morbid, accepting of death actually...what else could be said? Sammy's eyes scanned me and Y/n. "I'm-I'm so-so sorry..." Sammy spoke as he turned his body around, his back facing us. "No! All we need is a, a, quite a lot of make-makeup?" I smiled wide to not make him alarmed. Are you kidding me? How in the hell is makeup suppose to fix this? We might as well need plastic surgery for this poor fellow! "Don't worry! We'll attempt to make ya bootuiful again!" I exclaimed with a hint of panic in my voice. I bet Sammy couldn't detect the lie...right? Sammy looked up from the floor and to us both with hope in his eyes. I kept my smile on and looked over at Y/n who had her/his thumbs up. "Totes..." Y/n said, with a fading grin.

This might take a while...

I'm sorry for such a long wait. I just haven't had the motivation to write. You can give me some story ideas here?
~I.H.