TEN

Same.

Harry is everything the girls at school make him out to be

Harry is everything the girls at school make him out to be. He's intelligent, funny, and not to mention incredibly well mannered. It's the perfect date.

It's when he drops me off that the night takes a turn. We're mid make-out when my phone goes off and it doesn't stop when I ignore it. Sighing I pull back and I see Calum's name lighting up the screen. "I gotta take this."

"All right," Harry says with that unbothered smile that he always gives. He turns to face the front and starts tapping away in the steering wheel while I answer the call.

"Chandler?"

"Calum, you know I'm on a date, why are you calling me?"

"Shit, I'm sorry," he curses. "I didn't mean to ruin your night. I just...I'm not doing well right now—I'm not doing well at all."

He sound on the verge of tears as he speaks. "What do you mean 'not well'?"

"I took some of my mom's sleeping pills because I can't sleep, but they didn't work, and then I forgot that I took them and I had a few drinks and now I don't feel good."

"Oh my God, Calum." I turn to Harry. "Can you give me a ride to Calum's house?" He nods and starts the car up again. "Calum, I need you to stay awake, you hear me?"

"Yeah," he lulls. "But wasn't that the whole problem? I can't go to sleep."

"I'm on my way, please don't fall asleep."

"All right, but please don't bring Harry. This is one of those you and me things."

"Yeah yeah," I assure him and I wish Harry didn't obey the law and instead completely disregarded the speed limit. We make it to Calum's house only a couple of minutes later and once I've apologized to Harry I rush out if his car and sprint up to the front door.

I remember Calum telling me that his mom is working a late shift at the hospital and his dad is on a conference in San Francisco for the weekend. I bend down and lift the doormat to pick up the spare key and once I'm in I run up the stairs so fast that I stumble a couple of times in the dark.

I burst into Calum's room to find him sprawled out on his bed. His eyes are shut and I scurry over to make sure he isn't dead. "Calum?"

I get onto the bed to get over him. I grab his face and slap his cheeks lightly.

"Damnit, Calum, wake up." My voice is thick with the tears that well up in my eyes when I get no response. "Please, wake up—please."

"Chandler?" His eyes peel open slowly and a lazy grin spreads over his face. I remove my hands from his cheeks and he seems out of it. "Hey, what are you doing here?"

"You said you weren't feeling well," I remind him and he pushes up on his elbows.

"Oh that...yeah, false alarm. I feel fine." I hit at his chest and get off the bed quickly and his expression changes when he sees me wiping the tears that have run down my cheeks. "You're crying."