ℂ𝕙 6. ℍ𝕒𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝔽𝕦𝕟 𝕎𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝔸𝕟 𝕆𝕦𝕥𝕝𝕒𝕟𝕕𝕖𝕣

Start from the beginning

The rest of the day they spent having fun and talking about anything and everything. Azura left the part out of her having the roar, and Kovu left out the part on how Simba banished his family to the outlands.

The two both had a secret hidden, which wasn't a great way to start a friendship. They were just having too much fun to care.

As it got late Kovu was kind enough to walk Azura back to the boarder. No one noticed them all day, which Azura was grateful for. Kovu knew all the best spots where they could have fun but have enough privacy.

"I had fun today." Kovu said as he stood in front of Azura, she briefly nodded then sighed.

"No one can know about this, my father would never let me hang around the outlands." Azura said and briefly blushed because she sounded pathetic. Kovu just laughed and came in closer.

"So daddy's little princess broke a few rules today?" Kovu asked playfully as he walked around Azura. She blushed even more and scoffed.

"I'm far from a princess." Azura said and began to jump the rocks to get back up to the Pride lands.

"Whatever you say." Kovu said and begins to walk away.

"Wait! Will I ever see you again?" Azura asked as she jumped down the rocks again. Kovu looked back briefly and shrugged.

"Same time tomorrow?" He asked and Azura nods excitedly. She finally had a friend. An outcast like her.

"See you tomorrow princess." Kovu winked before he ran off. Azura rolled her eyes and climbed out of the outlands. She had to make it back fast, because she was gone all day.

••••••••••••

Azura made it to the watering hole and she saw the Lion guard there. Once they saw Azura they ran to her looking relieved.

"Where have you been?" Kion asked.

"Yeah your parents had us looking everywhere for you." Fuli said as she rolled her eyes.

"I was...exploring the Pride lands. I'm sorry I troubled you guys." Azura lied the best that she could, and she was glad the others bought it.

"Oh ok...well at least you're okay." Beshte said and Azura nodded happily.

"So what did you do today?" Bunga asked and Azura froze. She didn't know what to say. She was very nervous, and she wasn't the best liar.

"Um...just walking around. Nothing special." Azura laughed nervously and Kion became curious. He noticed that Azura always played with her left paw when she was lying. Why was she lying to them?

"Where did you go?" Kion asked but with more authority in his tone. Azura's eyes widened and she cowered under Kion's gaze. She wasn't ashamed that she hung out with Kovu, she just didn't want to get in trouble. She was afraid that they wouldn't allow her to see him again.

"What's with all the questions? I told you that I walked around the pride lands today." Azura said raising her voice. She was getting sick and tired of them treating her like a baby.

"You're lying." Kion said bluntly and Azura scoffed. She walked past the lion guard and walked towards home. Kion tried to go after her but Bunga stopped him. The lion guard left, going their separate ways to their own homes.

Azura wanted to speak to someone...just anyone. She really wanted to tell her parents how much fun she had today, but her parents would never approve of Kovu.

Kovu knew someone from the Pride lands, and that's who she was going to talk too.

•••••••••