Opposites Attract: Part 2 - Boundaries

Começar do início

"Just say he's a thug, Michael." She rolls her eyes.

I smile at her. "Yes. That." We both laugh.

"I've told you before, we were high school sweethearts and he's been the only man I've known. The only one. He knows me better than anyone else."

"If he knew you, he wouldn't be treating you like shit." I retort.

I look down and see her looking down at the keyboard. Damn. I really need to work my deliverance. In the process of us developing a closer friendship, I've grown to have more than a feeling of friendship for her. Which is not usual. I'm beginning to hate who she with. The sight of him,  his name and the thought wants to show her better. Not of course from me because I am married, but from another point of view. I want her to see there men that will give you anything and everything, and that only happens when a man wants to.

"Listen, I'm sorry for what I said." I pull a chair next to her person. "The reason why I react as I do is that you deserve better. And you need to understand that he will only do what he wants to do and you cannot force him. I mean, you knew what I was like before I met Lauryn. Women would waltz in her for one thing and other things of course. As long as you have known me, I have never had a steady girlfriend, except one. But the point is, letting him go is the best thing you could do. Cause like what I said before, a man will do what he desires with a woman he wants to see himself with. I wish women realize sometimes, it's not you, it's our dumbasses." I add for comedic relief. "One day, you will realize that." I lift her head to force eye contact. "You understand, Joie?"

Her face lights with a smile when I address her as she wanted. "Yes, I understand." She said as she stops a tear from dropping. "I have one question, Michael."

"What's up?" I take a sip of my coffee and listen to her.

"You know I have been thinking, since you have some days that you are required to travel and also with the complexity of certain meetings you're going to be involved in, I think I should go with you."

I choke at the word 'with you'. I have never had a woman, that is not my significant other, travel with me. I wipe my mouth of the hot coffee that seeped out a mid-cough. "Oh, um... I'm sorry, the coffee was hot." I strategically think of a response, trying not to be rude. "Uh, yeah. I mean, I would ask you why but why? You get what I'm saying?"

I become uneasy about this situation but I am trying to convince myself it is friendly traveling because, I've never been with a woman, in the same hotel and not have sex with her.

"To be honest, I really want to get away. All of the things I have been going through at home, I feel like I will not be missed. Plus, each time you leave for a business trip, that is when my phone rings the most." She said as she moves her office chair side to side. "What do you say?"

I turn around when I hear the office bell chimed as a sign someone has walked in. I look over my shoulder to see Lauryn pushing a stroller through the door. I couldn't be any happier to see her walk in at this awkward ass moment. I jump up and help her by grabbing the door. I kiss her on the cheek.

"Hey! What made you stop by?"

She scrunches her forehead and chuckles. "I thought you would want to see us and the twins had a doctors appointment that was close by. I see you are excited today..." she mumbles.

"Stop, baby. It's not that, it's that...I don't know. Maybe I am happy you are here." I hug her by her waist.

I look at Lauryn and notice she and Joie are looking at each other.

"Hey, Lauryn. How are you?" Joie adds with a small smile.

"I'm fine, and yourself?" Lauryn swings the new purse I bought her across her shoulder.