Part 24: Life is full of suprises

"Olivia and I used to run drugs for him when we danced...it started off as a favor and more pocket money for us. We were so young maybe 22 or 23, I don't know. We knew each other for a while before I decided to take things further with him. It was planned to be done in a two months span. Liv wanted to continue it because she had things to pay for. I was so fucking blinded by money. I've just...the money I was getting, I've never seen that much before. And at the time, he was so good to me. Everything changed when he began to steal money from his connect. He never had proof but his connection suspected it. Was his name Eddie? Yeah, Eddie, that's right. Things took a wild turn and that's when he got into trouble. Our relationship changed. Olivia stopped dancing because of that shit and also because she started fighting a lot at the club."

I could tell she was becoming uncomfortable. "It's all right, babe. I'm listening." I kiss her hand and lightly stroke it.

"Eddie has even shown up to the club a few times looking for him and his money. I let him know it wasn't Liv and I fault and Eddie let us slide because he knew we were innocent. He never wanted to hurt us or anything. All he wanted was his money. That's it. We found out that Armand tried to put us as the ones who were stealing money. I tried my best to get out after that but I was already wrapped into that agreement with him and I was stupid and money hungry." She laid her head back on the chair and closed her eyes. "I'm so sorry. I wish I could go back and change my choices."

"You can't. All you have to do is move forward and I'm going to get us out of this shit. I promise but you need to do your part."

"That is?"

"Call your best friend. You need her and I know she needs you." From her body language, I could tell it was something that she did not want to do. "I'm not playing. You better call her before the day is over."

"Things did not end good between us. I don't know if it's a good idea."

"If she's your real friend, that I don't doubt, she will listen to whatever you have to say. Today has been long and I'm tired. I love you."

"I love you, Mike."

I bend down and kiss her lips and lift up her shirt to kiss her bare stomach.

I leave her on the balcony to think about her decisions. When I come back from my shower I hear her talking softly on the phone.

"I'm sorry for what I said. Listen to me. We need to fix this."

I turn away and smile at her decision to call her.

A week later in Los Angeles

"Lauryn, Come on. You're going to be late for the baby shower."

I roll my eyes and put on my sandals. "Maybe if you help me put my shoes on, I would be able to move faster." I try various positions to tie the strap but I could not get to it. I put my foot on the ottoman and wait for him to walk into our bedroom. "Stop stomping your feet!"

"If you don't get your ass on." He bends over and trails his finger up my dress. "Your feet are so pretty. Maybe, I don't mind being late."

"No, keep that same energy. Tie my strap!"

"Come on." He kisses trail my foot and up my leg. "Your legs are too."

"We are already having sex anyway three times a day. I know the twins are tired of the rumbling." I was making excuses so he would stop and so we could be on time. His hand pulled up my dress and he snatches off my panties. "What did I tell you about ripping my clothes?"

"I'll buy you some more and then some." His tongue grazes my neck as he fingers me. "Lay back." He whispers in my ear as he entered me slowly.

My eyes roll back and I couldn't say anything but let what I wanted to happen to take place.